Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How are you feeling about the exam?

I'm feeling pretty good about it!
gary14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is there any mark scheme for this paper as I just did the exam and I feel pretty good
visahan98
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did you lot do higher
visahan98
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I felt nervous, but then the paper was not that bad . What did you guys get for the carbon cycle?
And the Last question about the fox and the rabbit
Om1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did this exam today too. It was ok. I struggled on the Petri dish question, heart disease and the first question about cell sampling. How did you find it?
lappy486
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think I put AED for the labelling, no idea what Detritivores were, and carbon is lost by respiration and excretion so the fox doesn't get all the rabbit's carbon.
zebra249
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What did you guess to be the amount of extinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zebra249)
What did you guess to be the amount of extinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Initially 7000 but I thought they'd probably put the answer as a range so I put 6000
HeisenbergWW
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by g.l.a.4559)
i felt really really nervous about it last night but it didn't go as bad as i thought it would i thought the 6 markers weren't too bad. what did you think of it?
It wen't really well!
krishanj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Initially 7000 but I thought they'd probably put the answer as a range so I put 6000
<br>ah i put like 40,000....... i followed the line up......<br>For the "why does the fitness instructor think the resting heart rate does not show who is fittest..." what did you guys put?<br>
<br>
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by krishanj)
<br>ah i put like 40,000....... i followed the line up......<br>For the "why does the fitness instructor think the resting heart rate does not show who is fittest..." what did you guys put?<br>
<br>
It never said other factors were controlled so I said maybe they weren't all at rest but that question was be, it could have been to age aswell but I thought the question was more of an idea's about science question. I did a little arrow for the examiner saying the question wad vague because it annoyed Me :P what did you put?
Om1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by krishanj)
ah i put like 40,000....... i followed the line up......For the "why does the fitness instructor think the resting heart rate does not show who is fittest..." what did you guys put?
I put 40,000 too. I put something about their ages but it was vague
krishanj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
It never said other factors were controlled so I said maybe they weren't all at rest but that question was be, it could have been to age aswell but I thought the question was more of an idea's about science question. I did a little arrow for the examiner saying the question wad vague because it annoyed Me :P what did you put?
I just put they could have different heart rates, and it could be affected by other things like drugs etc...although for alternatives i put he could look at blood pressure and see how long it takes for them to return to rest rate.
Magnesium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lappy486)
I think I put AED for the labelling, no idea what Detritivores were, and carbon is lost by respiration and excretion so the fox doesn't get all the rabbit's carbon.
Detritivores were the decomposers in the carbon cycle Pretty sneaky though since i'm sure it wasn't in the revision guide :confused:
samaugust323
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Overall, I found it quite an easy paper... Fairly confident for the chemistry one on 15/05/14 now. The questions which really confused me was

1) continue the line to show number of extinctions

2) bacteria 6 mark question

I found it quite disappointing that only genetic testing came up in the B1 section, and nothing to do with the immune system in B2

What did you get in the Punnett square question? There was quite a lot of maths questions.

What do you think will come up in chemistry on Thursday?
romaiseb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by samaugust323)
What did you get in the Punnett square question? There was quite a lot of maths questions.
I got 25%
samaugust323
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There did seem to be quite a lot of confusion in my school about whether it was 25% or 75%
Magnesium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by samaugust323)
There did seem to be quite a lot of confusion in my school about whether it was 25% or 75%
It was definitely 25% because they were both carriers e.g both Ff so only on of the squares was ff (sufferer) :P what did you get?
JamesPlumeridge
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spent ages learning homeostasis and it didn't even come up :mad:
lappy486
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Magnesium)
Detritivores were the decomposers in the carbon cycle Pretty sneaky though since i'm sure it wasn't in the revision guide :confused:
In the CGP Revision guides it's not even on the page for the Carbon Cycle, it's listed under the section for the Nitrogen Cycle instead, and even then Detritivores is only mentioned in brackets.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.72%
Uncertainty around my education (83)
11.58%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (76)
10.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (92)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.3%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.72%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (77)
10.74%
Financial worries (46)
6.42%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (43)
6%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (69)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (56)
7.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed