Hey, who's taking this exam next week?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am (unfortunately)
Reply 3
Reply 4

How are you revising? :smile:
Reply 5
I really hope a lot on the heart and lungs comes up. Dont really want much on immunity tbh
Reply 6
I hope that the data based questions are straightforward for once
Original post by Gully97
How are you revising? :smile:
Not to bad :smile:. I understand the content it's the blooming exam papers/teq. I KEEP running out of time like on this June 2013 paper (did today) I ran out of time and missed the 5 marks. I know the content but it's just I run out of time to answer all the questions. Anyone else have this problem?
Reply 8
Reply 9
Anyone want to do a Q and A thing on different topics ?
Guy's I'm abit confused on how the mark scheme is working here. For the question 6(b) June 2013 paper it states:The concentration of glucose in the blood rises after eating a meal containing carbohydrates. The rise is slower if the carbohydrate is starch rather than sucrose. Explain why?Starch is an insoluable polysaccharide hence a MUCH larger molecule that sucrose. As a result it requires more than one type of enzyme to break the starch down i.e. for starch to be broken/hydrolysed first enzyme amalyse in the produced in the mouth and pancrease breaks it down into/hydrolyses the alternate glysodic bonds into maltose and then the enzyme maltase produced by the epithelium lining of the small intestine hydrolyses the glysodic bonds into the alpha glucose. In comparison sucrose REQUIRES only a single enzyme produced in the epithelial lining of the small intestine to hydrolyse the single glysodic bond therefore can be hydrolysed and broken down much more quickly that starch into alpha glucose and fructose which enables it to be absorbed into the blood much more quickly than starch hence a quicker rise in Blood glucose concentration. In comparison starch being large/insoluable requiring a longer time to break it down/hydrolyse/digest it means it takes a longer time for it to be absorbed and hence takes a longer time to cause a rise in BGC.FOR EVERY SINGLE PART I wrote broken down/hydrolyse they wrote digest and hence the marking points where:s-smilie:tarch digested to maltoseMaltose digested to glucoseDigestion of Sucrose is a single stepwould I still obtain the 3 marks for writting broken down/hydrolysis?(sorry for no spaces showing up/paragraph SR is not letting me use them)??
Also can someone make sense of 7(c) in the june 2013 paper for me? Just need some idea/understanding of what the hell they are talking about. SORRY FOR NO PARAGRAPHS BUT STUDENT ROOM IS NOT LETTING ME USE PARAGRAPHS.
meeeeeee
Original post by HannahRudd-19
I really hope a lot on the heart and lungs comes up. Dont really want much on immunity tbh

Immunity is horrible, I don't mind the other topics! I don't like lung diseases as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by taaaaahira
Immunity is horrible, I don't mind the other topics! I don't like lung diseases as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps stuff on microscopes and diffusion would be good. Not a massive fan of organelles and their functions either
Reply 15
Original post by ryanb97

That's a good idea! If no one else does and you dont wanna spam the forum. I'm up for private messaging?
Reply 16
Sure! If no one else does, we could always private message each other so we don't spam the forum? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ryanb97

Sure! If no one else does, we could always private message each other so we don't spam the forum? :smile:
Reply 18
I'm up for a Q&A! private messaging or on here i don't mind? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ryanb97

I'm in on this! Shall I start off - Describe how proteins are arranged in a plasma membrane and the part they play in transporting substances into and out of a cell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending