Living in South East London

Watch this thread
orose1
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I am moving to London with my boyfriend to transfer to Greenwich university for my 3rd year. In terms of places to live we have been looking at flats in south east london in places such as New Cross and Deptford etc as they are so close to the university.
However I know these places are seen as quite rough and Im really hesitant about moving there! My main issue is easy transport links to the university, as I don't really like having a long travel journey each day.

I was just wondering whereabouts people who study at Greenwich live? And how far are you willing to travel to go to uni each day? And can anyone suggest anywhere else to live thats affordable, or is the New Cross area not actually that bad?

Sorry for so many questions! I would really appreciate any help. Thank you! Image
ChrisStill
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by orose1)
I am moving to London with my boyfriend to transfer to Greenwich university for my 3rd year. In terms of places to live we have been looking at flats in south east london in places such as New Cross and Deptford etc as they are so close to the university.
However I know these places are seen as quite rough and Im really hesitant about moving there! My main issue is easy transport links to the university, as I don't really like having a long travel journey each day.

I was just wondering whereabouts people who study at Greenwich live? And how far are you willing to travel to go to uni each day? And can anyone suggest anywhere else to live thats affordable, or is the New Cross area not actually that bad?

Sorry for so many questions! I would really appreciate any help. Thank you! Image

The areas have a reputation, but are actually not that bad. The only place that I would avoid would be Woolwich, but thats about it. I live in Greenwich at the moment and live 1-2 minute walk from the university, but I know people who commute 30-40 minutes. I would suggest anywhere along the Bank-Lewisham DLR route as the maximum it will take you is 20 minutes, and if you apply for a student oyster it will cost you £1 for a single trip, capping at £4.70 each day so you wont be charged more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (92)
19.96%
The paper was reasonable (176)
38.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.81%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
16.05%

Watched Threads