Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. Im starting my masters in glasgow this September. I will be moving over to glasgow possibly before September. How easy is it to get a part time job over there? i was offered accommodation in Kelvinhaugh Street, so its close to city and west end i suppose.
    Anyone got any tips or jobs that are going for students?
    Does the library hire students?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same really, desperate to work in a shop so I'm hoping I'll find work in one of my favourite clothes shops. As a last resort I'll try restaurants, there are plenty of good places in Glasgow so although I can't give you an exact answer, you probably won't struggle to get a part-time job in a restaurant, especially if you keep your options open. As for the library, I'm not sure sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't be too difficult to find a job in Glasgow. I've never been without a job and find it relatively easy to find employment. Indeed.co.uk is a great search engine.

Direct Line are currently on a big recruitment drive for their call centre too - I suppose it depends on if you're picky with work or not. Certainly around Christmas time you'll find work (even if it's temporary) without a doubt.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.