The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU Accommodation 2014 Booking Process

Hi, I was wondering whether there was anyone who has been struggling to book there accommodation at DMU today (12th May) and had they first choice denied? I've have spent all day phoning up the accommodation office to activate my account, to enable me to book my chosen accommodation at Victoria Hall. Finally after ringing numerous times I spoke to a male who was able to help me and finally sort it out after waiting all day, so when I finally was able to log on, my first and second choice rooms had all gone (Victoria Hall and Filbert Village). In order to ensure I had accommodation for this year (as I've only applied to DMU) I had a quick look online for the available accommodation rooms that were left. Previously on an open day, I found I didn't like Newarke Point and as I would prefer an en suite I booked a room in The Grange. I haven't yet payed and have been told I have 24 hours to make this deposit. I have also managed to book a viewing of the show flat tomorrow, as at the minute I don't know what I have booked! I was wondering whether anyone has had the same problem and whether anybody, present or previous students could tell me what 'The Grange' has to offer compared to other accommodation at DMU?

Any help would be much appreciated!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey,

Don't worry you are not the only on who's having problems with this, as I've also spent my afternoon trying to ring and book a room at Victoria and Filbert. I found that when trying to apply to Victoria the only rooms left were for males. So far I'm having no luck with accommodation. I know this isn't what you would probably want to hear about another persons problems, and I hope yours gets sorted soon.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jennyp1996
Hey,

Don't worry you are not the only on who's having problems with this, as I've also spent my afternoon trying to ring and book a room at Victoria and Filbert. I found that when trying to apply to Victoria the only rooms left were for males. So far I'm having no luck with accommodation. I know this isn't what you would probably want to hear about another persons problems, and I hope yours gets sorted soon.

Hi Jenny :smile:

That's alright, I've just been so stressed out with it!! Is DMU your first choice?
Original post by GeorgieW
Hi Jenny :smile:

That's alright, I've just been so stressed out with it!! Is DMU your first choice?

Hey

I know what you mean, it's so stressful, the extra stress is not needed especially with exams around the corner. Yes it is :smile:
Reply 4
Hey

I know what you mean, it's so stressful, the extra stress is not needed especially with exams around the corner. Yes it is :smile:

Yes agreed! What are you planning on studying? :smile:
Yes agreed! What are you planning on studying? :smile:

Arts and Festival Management. You? :smile:
Reply 6
Arts and Festival Management. You? :smile:

Wow!! Sounds interesting! Textile Design :smile: What accommodation
do you prefer?
Wow!! Sounds interesting! Textile Design :smile: What accommodation
do you prefer?

Yeah :smile: Cool :smile: Originally, Victoria but now I'm looking at any en-suite.
Reply 8
Yeah :smile: Cool :smile: Originally, Victoria but now I'm looking at any en-suite.

The only place I could find with an en suite in my panic of not getting anything, was The Grange or Newarke Point. After looking round Newarke point on an open day I didn't like it which is why I picked The Grange. I would prefer to look round The Grange first before booking it, which I can luckily do tomorrow. I looked round many other options for accommodation at DMU but I wouldn't recommend Liberty Park, personally I didn't like the en suite, too small and plastic looking for me and was a similar price to Filbert Village (with a much nicer en suite), but unfortunately has all gone too :frown: The Grange is a bit more expensive than Victoria Hall, which is another thing that bothers me :s-smilie: I hope you sort out your accommodation soon!!
The only place I could find with an en suite in my panic of not getting anything, was The Grange or Newarke Point. After looking round Newarke point on an open day I didn't like it which is why I picked The Grange. I would prefer to look round The Grange first before booking it, which I can luckily do tomorrow. I looked round many other options for accommodation at DMU but I wouldn't recommend Liberty Park, personally I didn't like the en suite, too small and plastic looking for me and was a similar price to Filbert Village (with a much nicer en suite), but unfortunately has all gone too :frown: The Grange is a bit more expensive than Victoria Hall, which is another thing that bothers me :s-smilie: I hope you sort out your accommodation soon!!

Okay thanks for the advice. I'm going to continue looking into all of the halls, hopefully i'll have some luck finding one soon, as fear they'll all be taken soon.
Reply 10
Okay thanks for the advice. I'm going to continue looking into all of the halls, hopefully i'll have some luck finding one soon, as fear they'll all be taken soon.

I would recommend you book something soon, even if you don't fully like it, so you at least have somewhere to stay! You have 24 hours from when you book it to pay so you can spend more time searching for other places you like or if there are drop outs etc. That was my worry about having no where to stay, which is annoying after spending numerous hours contacting the accommodation office and attempting to sign in, personally the website was just frustrating! :mad: Anyway I wish you luck! Let me know how it goes :smile:
I would recommend you book something soon, even if you don't fully like it, so you at least have somewhere to stay! You have 24 hours from when you book it to pay so you can spend more time searching for other places you like or if there are drop outs etc. That was my worry about having no where to stay, which is annoying after spending numerous hours contacting the accommodation office and attempting to sign in, personally the website was just frustrating! :mad: Anyway I wish you luck! Let me know how it goes :smile:

Definitely going to try and book over the next two days. I've found the website has been very low today, which has been annoying when you've got important things to do. Thank you, and same to you, also good luck with this and exams :smile:
:smile:

:smile:

Hey guys, had exactly the same problem here! Wanted to book Victoria Hall, then found out there were only male rooms left, then tried my second choice, Filbert village, and they had no rooms left either. I visited those two plus Liberty park a month or so back, and decided liberty park was too cramped and basic for the price. Also didn't like the idea of being so close to the Leicester City football stadium as it was mayhem when I went on a Saturday! Thw site was so slow and frustrating! I have booked a room at the Grange now, though. Slightly pricier, but I trust that guarantees quality and it's covered by my student loan anyway. Annoying that the first rent payment is due before my first loan comes through though! How are you handling that? :smile: Oh, and I'm doing Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science by the way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! If you are still looking for accommodation, I have a CODE studio at Western Road that I am looking for a tenant for. It is £105 per week, it is a lovely room and has loads included in it. The only reason I am looking for a replacement is because I want to live with a friend instead and I am very desperate to find someone for it :frown: So if you are interested please get in touch with me ASAP :smile: YOU WILL GET REWARDED IF YOU TAKE IT!!!! :smile:

Contact me on here, text/call: 07923252547, or facebook: Karolina Zalewska.

Thank you!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending