applying for student finance (NHS funded course)

Watch
jseren
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I recently got an interview for a NHS funded course through UCAS extra but the problem is that I haven't applied for student load yet ( because i thought i wont be able to go to uni this year).
i dont know if I should be applying for the finance through the normal student finance website or if there is a different website for a NHS funded course.
i am really worried because the deadline for student finance is very soon. I don't know if i'll get into this course or not ( i havent even been to the interview yet)
HELP!!
fifimas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You apply for,the bursary on the nhs boss website and reduced loan from student finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jseren)
I recently got an interview for a NHS funded course through UCAS extra but the problem is that I haven't applied for student load yet ( because i thought i wont be able to go to uni this year).
i dont know if I should be applying for the finance through the normal student finance website or if there is a different website for a NHS funded course.
i am really worried because the deadline for student finance is very soon. I don't know if i'll get into this course or not ( i havent even been to the interview yet)
HELP!!
you do both- student finance and the NHS bursary. Apply for student finance making it clear you will be getting an NHS bursary and if you don't get a place you cancel it.
shan123456
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
you do both- student finance and the NHS bursary. Apply for student finance making it clear you will be getting an NHS bursary and if you don't get a place you cancel it.
I've tried applying for the student finance but it doesn't work :/
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shan123456)
I've tried applying for the student finance but it doesn't work :/
In what way?
shan123456
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
In what way?
I just applied for the means tested bursary on BOSS but it would let me apply for the fees or grant anywhere
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shan123456)
I just applied for the means tested bursary on BOSS but it would let me apply for the fees or grant anywhere
student finance i.e. the reduced rate maintainance loan is seperate from the NHS bursary. I have no idea how the NHS application works
fifimas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As long as you have applied for the bursary your fees will be paid. For the maintenance loan you need to go on the student finance England website and apply for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads