Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Geography SDM Exam on Tuesday the 22nd of May 2014? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how do people intend on tackling the SDM paper for OCR B in geography tomorrow?
    What kind of writing style do you use?
    How do you add in the resources?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    You don't need any intelligence for this exam you just need to be good at writing gobbledegook. Quote resources and case studies but other than that its pips. Half of the marks are essentially for quoting the resource booklet... T_T

if you want to worry about exams, worry about History Paper 2 OCR B... that tests your raw intellect.
    Is it really needed for you to say things like that when you know nothing about me? History is the easy subject in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louislearner3100)
    I was wondering how do people intend on tackling the SDM paper for OCR B in geography tomorrow?
    What kind of writing style do you use?
    How do you add in the resources?
    Thank you!
    I need help on the exact same thing!
    After searching through the internet i've found:

4 markers- include 2 points with point and an explination if no resources are supplied but if they are include data from them too, just quick facts etc

6 markers- include 3 points with point and explination and same as above for data

16 mark question- for the final question you should intro it with what your option means, like if you chose to build levees for flooding, what are levees etc then say what is most sustainable about your option and why.

Then move on to the mid-section of the essay where you say why the other two options are not sustainable and how your option is more sustainable than them

After these few paragraphs, begin to round it off by first having a paragraph on two disadvantages of your option and one advantage on the other two (eg the other option may be more socially sustainable because..)

Finally to conclude, say why your option is more sustainable overall, so basically summarise what you have just said

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want to develop into a political machine like you do, you'd better be open to differentiation in opinions.
    Thank you I shall take that point on board, however you should also consider the fact that other people have learning problems and struggle to analyse resources.

ReputationRep:
    Same here I have Got OCR B Geography SDME But am completley clue less Any Tips???

ReputationRep:
    'Resources' is hardly an apt term for the information-oozing blunt pieces of answer that the resource booklet offers us.
    Just stop being rude they are called resources! Please if you have nothing to contribute please don't comment, people want to do well in there exams thats al!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranjeet112)
    Same here I have Got OCR B Geography SDME But am completley clue less Any Tips???
    Well what I have found so far is that you need to read over the resource booklet really well first and ensure that you understand what it is telling you.
    I am going to use PEE point evidence explain and SEE social economical and environmental. Remember to develop your point.
    Thats all I have learn that is new so far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louislearner3100)
    Well what I have found so far is that you need to read over the resource booklet really well first and ensure that you understand what it is telling you.
    I am going to use PEE point evidence explain and SEE social economical and environmental. Remember to develop your point.
    Thats all I have learn that is new so far...
    Thanks

How about for Section A? Any idea what the exams going to be on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranjeet112)
    Thanks

How about for Section A? Any idea what the exams going to be on?
    I think the exam is on Natural hazards, personally I want it to be drought.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.