GCSE Geography SDM Exam on Tuesday the 22nd of May 2014? Watch

Louislearner3100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was wondering how do people intend on tackling the SDM paper for OCR B in geography tomorrow?
What kind of writing style do you use?
How do you add in the resources?
Thank you!
Louislearner3100
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaNick)
You don't need any intelligence for this exam you just need to be good at writing gobbledegook. Quote resources and case studies but other than that its pips. Half of the marks are essentially for quoting the resource booklet... T_T

if you want to worry about exams, worry about History Paper 2 OCR B... that tests your raw intellect.
Is it really needed for you to say things like that when you know nothing about me? History is the easy subject in my opinion.
k.bryan4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Louislearner3100)
I was wondering how do people intend on tackling the SDM paper for OCR B in geography tomorrow?
What kind of writing style do you use?
How do you add in the resources?
Thank you!
I need help on the exact same thing!
After searching through the internet i've found:

4 markers- include 2 points with point and an explination if no resources are supplied but if they are include data from them too, just quick facts etc

6 markers- include 3 points with point and explination and same as above for data

16 mark question- for the final question you should intro it with what your option means, like if you chose to build levees for flooding, what are levees etc then say what is most sustainable about your option and why.

Then move on to the mid-section of the essay where you say why the other two options are not sustainable and how your option is more sustainable than them

After these few paragraphs, begin to round it off by first having a paragraph on two disadvantages of your option and one advantage on the other two (eg the other option may be more socially sustainable because..)

Finally to conclude, say why your option is more sustainable overall, so basically summarise what you have just said
Louislearner3100
Rep:
?
Well if you want to develop into a political machine like you do, you'd better be open to differentiation in opinions.
Thank you I shall take that point on board, however you should also consider the fact that other people have learning problems and struggle to analyse resources.
ranjeet112
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same here I have Got OCR B Geography SDME But am completley clue less Any Tips???
Louislearner3100
Rep:
?
'Resources' is hardly an apt term for the information-oozing blunt pieces of answer that the resource booklet offers us.
Just stop being rude they are called resources! Please if you have nothing to contribute please don't comment, people want to do well in there exams thats al!
Louislearner3100
Rep:
?
(Original post by ranjeet112)
Same here I have Got OCR B Geography SDME But am completley clue less Any Tips???
Well what I have found so far is that you need to read over the resource booklet really well first and ensure that you understand what it is telling you.
I am going to use PEE point evidence explain and SEE social economical and environmental. Remember to develop your point.
Thats all I have learn that is new so far...
ranjeet112
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Louislearner3100)
Well what I have found so far is that you need to read over the resource booklet really well first and ensure that you understand what it is telling you.
I am going to use PEE point evidence explain and SEE social economical and environmental. Remember to develop your point.
Thats all I have learn that is new so far...
Thanks

How about for Section A? Any idea what the exams going to be on?
Louislearner3100
Rep:
?
(Original post by ranjeet112)
Thanks

How about for Section A? Any idea what the exams going to be on?
I think the exam is on Natural hazards, personally I want it to be drought.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads