Edexcel gcse biology b1 13/05/2014

Watch this thread
ranjeet112
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
hi

i am doing this exam for my first time tomorrow really nervous any one got any last minute tips?
sophiepetro
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ranjeet112)
hi

i am doing this exam for my first time tomorrow really nervous any one got any last minute tips?
Did you find the exam hard? I am really worried about my result:eek::eek:
ranjeet112
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I found the exam kinda easy to be honest much easier than i thought how about you?
Loyale
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I did the exam, and tbh i messed up badly in the plant hormone questions so i probably landed a B/C
The grade bounderies are gonna be high cuz it was an easy paper
sophiepetro
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ranjeet112)
I found the exam kinda easy to be honest much easier than i thought how about you?
it was okay I'm just really scared because i love biology and i wanted to take it for a level but i had no clue what the autotrophs and heterotrophs were at the time which was like 3 marks. I revised the harder stuff like nitrogen and carbon cycle and diabetes and kind of forgot about the easier stuff
sophiepetro
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loyale)
I did the exam, and tbh i messed up badly in the plant hormone questions so i probably landed a B/C
The grade bounderies are gonna be high cuz it was an easy paper
I think I got the plant hormone bit right but i messed up the heterotrphs and autotrophs i was so annoyed! Im so scared for the results i wanted an A in core so badly! What did you write for the last MRSA question?
Loyale
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sophiepetro)
I think I got the plant hormone bit right but i messed up the heterotrphs and autotrophs i was so annoyed! Im so scared for the results i wanted an A in core so badly! What did you write for the last MRSA question?
I'm just like you, i really wanted an A in my core and i want to do biology at a level, I messed up in the last question. I read the question wrong and then I wrote about antibiotics NOT antiseptics so im pretty much rubbish at exam technique

Im really good at remembering stuff but im really bad at exam technique
sophiepetro
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Loyale)
I'm just like you, i really wanted an A in my core and i want to do biology at a level, I messed up in the last question. I read the question wrong and then I wrote about antibiotics NOT antiseptics so im pretty much rubbish at exam technique

Im really good at remembering stuff but im really bad at exam technique
I wrote about antiseptics but I wrote about how they kill bacteria before it enters the body so antibiotics are not needed I am still not sure if thats correct. Thats the same with me Im so bad at applying my knowledge but i can remember things the night before quite well. I still really want to do biology a level, fingers crossed for us
wajeeh1364
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The biology exam went alright for me. The MRSA question and the Pollution questions were taken from past papers, so in some sense it wasn't anything new.
oni176
Badges: 7
Report 7 years ago
I have done that test, and actually found the last two questions very easy compared to question 1. Some questions just annoyed me and I also did terrible on the plant hormone as well. For MRSA, I didn't struggle at all. I am hoping for an A grade overall. If the grade boundaries are same like last year( 52 for A* and 45 for A) then I have achieved an A grade because I've counted them and got exactly 45. Hopefully it will be an A because I also want to do Biology at A-level.
hasbro7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Guys,
Has anyone got any unofficial answers for the b1, c1, p1 tests this year (2014 june.) Imo, the chemistry test was the easiest out of the lot. I am praying the grade boundaries are low :?
Formidables
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I did it go ? I thought it was quick easy. Thank God the nitrogen cycle didn't come up 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
22.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
11.43%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
8.57%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
22.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
25.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed