Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm 13 nd in high school. Right now I'm suffering from depression due to my parents splitting up and giving me a hard time. Last week I got put into a temporary foster home and I feel like my exsistance is not wanted. My friends always make fun of me and ive realised that if I continue being upset by this I will be diagnosed with severe depression. I feel bad about myself and my image and just need some tips to help me overcome this difficult time. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I've been diagnosed with depression for about 18 months now. If you're really struggling I'd consider going to your GP. Doing that really helped me, because even though I'm still having a tough time, I've been referred to counselling and been on a few different meds. Just knowing I was finally doing something to take back my life was enough to make me feel a little better.

The other thing is TALK. I know it's cliched and difficult but it really can help. Whether it be a family member, teacher, friend or someone on here. I hope you feel better soon and I'm here if you need me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaharaNasim)
    Hi guys! I'm 13 nd in high school. Right now I'm suffering from depression due to my parents splitting up and giving me a hard time. Last week I got put into a temporary foster home and I feel like my exsistance is not wanted. My friends always make fun of me and ive realised that if I continue being upset by this I will be diagnosed with severe depression. I feel bad about myself and my image and just need some tips to help me overcome this difficult time. Thanks in advance
    My best advice is to goto your GP or a school nurse/counsellor/mentor. They can give you the best help. If you get over this now then you'll thank yourself later as your depression has not become severe yet.

If you don't feel confident enough to seek help you can try some natural remedies such as St John's Wort which you can purchase from pharmacists. A hobby or going to the gym can also help. Learn to draw or write; go for a jog; paint your nails or do something else to pamper yourself. Anything that will make you feel good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaharaNasim)
    You should get helped before it get worst. i been with depression more than 11 years now and it is very awful, but life get better after but i suggust you get help by psychology or someone at your school

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2014
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.