The Student Room Group

Higher Geography 2013-2014

I dont think anyones started this thread yet but just to get it out there :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for starting this thread as I was looking for Higher Geography! :smile:
How are you getting on with the revision?
Hope it's going well! :biggrin:
Reply 2
So glad I have over 2 weeks without exams before geography! Revision starts tomorrow :smile:
Original post by m97
So glad I have over 2 weeks without exams before geography! Revision starts tomorrow :smile:

Same here! Well, I have two exams in the middle of those two weeks but I'm really glad as this year my exams seem a lot more spaced out which I like! :biggrin:
Although from my last day of school to yesterday I had two weeks of revision for both Chemsitry and Biology so that's good. :yep:

How have your other exams gone? Good luck to you!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by LongLazyDays
Same here! Well, I have two exams in the middle of those two weeks but I'm really glad as this year my exams seem a lot more spaced out which I like! :biggrin:
Although from my last day of school to yesterday I had two weeks of revision for both Chemsitry and Biology so that's good. :yep:

How have your other exams gone? Good luck to you!! :smile:

I actually havent really started my revision for geography yet since its my best subject and my last exam :smile: i have biology friday and im stressing out for it haha! :colondollar:
Original post by AmyDetta
I actually havent really started my revision for geography yet since its my best subject and my last exam :smile: i have biology friday and im stressing out for it haha! :colondollar:

Same! You'll be fine - last year I panicked too much and didn't feel in 'the zone' so this year I've decided to keep calm (which I did in my Chem paper)
I like Geography as well it's a good subject. :smile:
What essays do you think will come up in Biology?
I am worst at Biosphere and Atmosphere questions. But I'm not even going to look at any notes until after the Biology exam.
Reply 7
Original post by LongLazyDays
Same! You'll be fine - last year I panicked too much and didn't feel in 'the zone' so this year I've decided to keep calm (which I did in my Chem paper)
I like Geography as well it's a good subject. :smile:
What essays do you think will come up in Biology?

yeah I thought the chemistry paper was actually quite nice :smile: I dont want to say its too easy in case I dont get the grade I need haha :biggrin: i have absolutely no idea but I know that essay questions about plants and photosynthesis almost always come up and Im awful with transpiration and all that plant stuff haha what do you think will come up? :smile:
I haven't even started Geography revision because I have Business Management and AH Computing before it!

What questions are people doing in Paper 2? I'm doing Rural Land Resources and Health & Development :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ManicPumpkin
I haven't even started Geography revision because I have Business Management and AH Computing before it!

What questions are people doing in Paper 2? I'm doing Rural Land Resources and Health & Development :smile:

Im doing River Basin Management and Development and health :smile: I absolutely love Development and Health though its just a bunch of little ways to remember all of the things for like Malaria and reasons for development between countries but im dreading lithosphere I have a feeling it will be coast stuff that comes up :frown:
Im doing River Basin Management and Development and health :smile: I absolutely love Development and Health though its just a bunch of little ways to remember all of the things for like Malaria and reasons for development between countries but im dreading lithosphere I have a feeling it will be coast stuff that comes up :frown:

I like Development & Health as well! I really hope it isn't coastal for Lithosphere :frown:
yeah I thought the chemistry paper was actually quite nice :smile: I dont want to say its too easy in case I dont get the grade I need haha :biggrin: i have absolutely no idea but I know that essay questions about plants and photosynthesis almost always come up and Im awful with transpiration and all that plant stuff haha what do you think will come up? :smile:

I don't mind the plant stuff but I like the human stuff better! :smile:
Hope the rest of your exams go well!
Original post by ManicPumpkin
I like Development & Health as well! I really hope it isn't coastal for Lithosphere :frown:

I like the coastal topic as well (drawing the diagram for a headland, cave, arch and stack etc)
good luck to you! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Hey guys , what's your predictions for rural land resources ? Coastal of upland areas 😊?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kerrzy
Hey guys , what's your predictions for rural land resources ? Coastal of upland areas οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably coasts. Looking at the past papers, seemingly coasts haven't actually been in Rural Land Resources since 2010, so the SQA may want to put these back in this year.
Reply 15
Original post by CameronPaterson
Probably coasts. Looking at the past papers, seemingly coasts haven't actually been in Rural Land Resources since 2010, so the SQA may want to put these back in this year.

Ahhh , coasts is my weakness 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kerrzy
Ahhh , coasts is my weakness

Posted from TSR Mobile

​You never know, it might be upland features for a fourth year in a row, predictions aren't the best thing to focus on with the SQA's tricks.
Done higher geography last year and absolutely loved it, one of my easiest subjects because I had a great teacher!

​You never know, it might be upland features for a fourth year in a row, predictions aren't the best thing to focus on with the SQA's tricks.

Wasn't last years paper upland or coastal, I think I noticed that after I finished the question.
Original post by CSM1996
Done higher geography last year and absolutely loved it, one of my easiest subjects because I had a great teacher!

Wasn't last years paper upland or coastal, I think I noticed that after I finished the question.

Yeah, having a great teacher helps, especially if you're crashing the subject like me...

Just went to check again and yeah, coastal features is mentioned in part c of the question on environmental conflicts, hadn't noticed that part. It's just that if I was doing that I would probably just continue in the same fashion as the first two parts mentioning upland features.
Yeah, having a great teacher helps, especially if you're crashing the subject like me...

Just went to check again and yeah, coastal features is mentioned in part c of the question on environmental conflicts, hadn't noticed that part. It's just that if I was doing that I would probably just continue in the same fashion as the first two parts mentioning upland features.

Geography is one of them subjects where coming from int 2 does help a lot because it's basically a lot of the same questions :tongue:

And I did too, it was sneaky of the SQA but not sneaky in a bad way or anything :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest