First post of this kind 🙊
Anyone doing these exams next week?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah doing both finding it hard to believe they are only next week 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Confusedlegend
Yeah doing both finding it hard to believe they are only next week 😔

same! They are my first exams as I'm resitting the two modules. Got 80 ums in each last year but aiming to get higher to help c3 and c4

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Elle333
First post of this kind 🙊
Anyone doing these exams next week?

WOOO C1 AND C2. Unless they sneak in any evil questions, I have a feeling this is going to be rather easy.
Reply 4
What is the different between the uk paper and the international? Is it just the international is harder? As I'm struggling to answer some of them questions, do you think the uk paper will be similar to last years international one or are they always considerably harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle333
What is the different between the uk paper and the international? Is it just the international is harder? As I'm struggling to answer some of them questions, do you think the uk paper will be similar to last years international one or are they always considerably harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what i've been told, the international syllabus/expectations are a bit different.

I'd focus on the normal past papers/resources tbh and wouldn't worry too much if you struggle with something on the international one.
[QUOTE="Elle333;47568411"]
Original post by Confusedlegend
Yeah doing both finding it hard to believe they are only next week

same! They are my first exams as I'm resitting the two modules. Got 80 ums in each last year but aiming to get higher to help c3 and c4

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG I'm doing exactly the same! :smile:)
Reply 7
Original post by lmorgan95
From what i've been told, the international syllabus/expectations are a bit different.

I'd focus on the normal past papers/resources tbh and wouldn't worry too much if you struggle with something on the international one.

I hope you are right, I think I'm panicking over nothing tbh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
[QUOTE="alittlefallofrai;47612664"]
Original post by Elle333

OMG I'm doing exactly the same! :smile:)

Did you get 80s in c1/c2 last year too? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yeah basically I am currently crying about C2 as I don't understand anything on it... C1 should go fine hopefully!

Posted from TSR Mobile
WOOOOOH

I'm already planning on resitting some of my units next year :O
[QUOTE="Elle333;47613212"]
Original post by alittlefallofrai

Did you get 80s in c1/c2 last year too? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I got 90ums for C1 and 70-80ums on C2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Original_Guy
WOOOOOH

I'm already planning on resitting some of my units next year :O

Lol! Do the best you can next week tho! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just started doing solomon papers now that i've done all the edexcel ones.

over this weekend aiming to do general revision and all the solomon papers.

for my first solomon paper in c1 I got 56/75 not sure if thats good haha :wink:

want 90 UMS in both but not looking likely :frown:
[QUOTE="alittlefallofrai;47613639"]
Original post by Elle333

Yeah. I got 90ums for C1 and 70-80ums on C2

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did you get 90 in c1 :frown:
Does anyone know the rules for marks awarded if you have completely the correct method, but accidentally just get a wrong number? I keep making stupid mistakes on past papers like copying down the wrong number from the question and I feel like I should get at least some marks :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by fajita.and.friends
Does anyone know the rules for marks awarded if you have completely the correct method, but accidentally just get a wrong number? I keep making stupid mistakes on past papers like copying down the wrong number from the question and I feel like I should get at least some marks :tongue:

I'm sure they award marks when it is an 'error carried forward', from what I've heard. It depends though, I'm not too sure:s-smilie:
how you guys preparing for c1 on monday
Original post by Pizza66
I'm sure they award marks when it is an 'error carried forward', from what I've heard. It depends though, I'm not too sure:s-smilie:

Yeah, I hope so. I'm getting really frustrated with all the basic errors I keep making though - like copying down things wrong or getting basic calculations slightly off...It's like I know how to manipulate complicated algebra but can't multiply 2 and 3 together :P
Its the same with me I'm just hoping monday is the day when my brain decides to make no silly errors and everything is on point. But on a monday morning with 5 exams this week might be hard to control haha :wink: best you can do is try.

If it's a decent paper I can get 100UMS but mistakes push me down to a low A in practise papers :frown: ffs!

Quick Reply

Latest