The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1/C2 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flame18
I think I got 70 marks, does anyone have any good estimation of how many UMS marks that might be for this paper?

It's not 100 but it's over 80 so the A is in the bag :smile:
Original post by Angushan
Or what

Or the grade boundaries will increase... like there's been about 10 comments on this already, can you not read?:s-smilie:
Original post by I'mStuckAgain
Scheme midnight tonight, did u write your answers down or are you going to have to rely on memory like me. :smile:

I think paper was nice, just last part of the AP question and 11C were tricky.

Relying on memory :smile: The only mistakes I think I made are silly multiplication or divsion errors.
Original post by WildDevil96
My guess:

73-74 100 UMS (maybe just 75),
66 90 UMS
59 80 UMS
52 70 UMS

An A will be around 62 marks ( give or take a few marks),
B maybe around 54-56,
C around 47

80UMS is always the A boundary so what you've said here contradicts yourself.
Original post by safesploit
Can someone explain question 2b

How I did this was to say 36x=9px and solved for p so p=4
Then qx^2 = 36p^2x^2 subbed in p = 4 and solved for q
But if I have an issue with p being wrong then q would be wrong. Is there anyway I can test my solutions?

Hi mate, I just found the mark scheme and it said P=4 and Q was something like 576.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c2+mark+scheme+2006&oq=c2+mark+scheme+2006&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4233j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8
I will report u for abusing my human rights
Reply 146
My guess:

73-74 100 UMS (maybe just 75),
66 90 UMS
59 80 UMS
52 70 UMS

An A will be around 62 marks ( give or take a few marks),
B maybe around 54-56,
C around 47

If your prediction is correct then I will be one happy man :smile:
I will report u for abusing my human rights

Good luck with that.
100 UMS is usually anything from 72-75 marks. I've seen a UMS translator before.
Original post by jonnycope7
80UMS is always the A boundary so what you've said here contradicts yourself.

I know, but it's all just estimates at this point, hence why I said give or take a few marks. 100 UMS will most probably be at 75 to be honest, but it could very well be 73 as well. So it's bound to fluctuate.
Original post by MrEliteRocker
Relying on memory :smile: The only mistakes I think I made are silly multiplication or divsion errors.

I'm a bit p'd off about that, I wanted to write them down as I knew a mark scheme's going to posted and it's a sure way of knowing where marks were lost. I'll definitely be doing it for C2. By the time it gets to midnight I'll have forgotten what I wrote lol.

Yeah I make those all the time, if it's the final answer where the error is made that's not so bad as it only costs 1 or 2 marks, it's when you make a mistake at the start of a q that it's costly as it screws the whole solution up :s-smilie:
Highly doubt an A will be below 60 though.
For integration c=53 ?
Reply 153
It's not 100 but it's over 80 so the A is in the bag :smile:

A is good but I want my UMS marks to be above 90%, hope the grade boundary is low :smile:

Wonder how challenging everyone found this paper.
I know, but it's all just estimates at this point, hence why I said give or take a few marks. 100 UMS will most probably be at 75 to be honest, but it could very well be 73 as well. So it's bound to fluctuate.

My guess it 74 at minimum, the only time i've seen 73 is on the really difficult papers. I'm relatively confident of securing 100UMS on this on though, provided I didn't do anything stupid one of earlier questions.
Or what

If you're saying this in reply to the fact that we're not allowed to talk about the exam until 12 tonight, please don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Scenario A:
International students see your solutions, gain high marks and the Grade Boundaries drop. This negatively affects you.

Scenario B:
TSR Bans you and the above happens

Scenario C:
I suppose in an extreme case that TSR could pass your details on to the exam boards as it is essentially the same as telling a friend an answer in an exam hall. In this case, you could face expulsion from all your exams as well as the above happening.

So in sum, please don't be a d**chebag when there is no positive outcome to this. No-one here thinks you're funny or big for doing it, and it's perpetually annoying.
I am very sorry.please forgive me
I'm a bit p'd off about that, I wanted to write them down as I knew a mark scheme's going to posted and it's a sure way of knowing where marks were lost. I'll definitely be doing it for C2. By the time it gets to midnight I'll have forgotten what I wrote lol.

Yeah I make those all the time, if it's the final answer where the error is made that's not so bad as it only costs 1 or 2 marks, it's when you make a mistake at the start of a q that it's costly as it screws the whole solution up :s-smilie:

I know what you mean :frown: I remember vaguely but when I see the answers I will recgonise whether or not i did the same :smile: [Hopefully]
Original post by Flame18
A is good but I want my UMS marks to be above 90%, hope the grade boundary is low :smile:

Wonder how challenging everyone found this paper.

I'm sure you'll get 90 UMS with 70.

The paper was easier than previous papers, no whole question which was difficult to answer just a few tricky parts to questions. Stay up until the unofficial scheme is posted and we'll have a better idea of how it went down :smile:
I am very sorry.please forgive me

Forgiven :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest