Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I pull out, can I reapply to retake my second year in 16 months time? Or will I need to meet some criteria with my marks? I have only submitted one task for each module this year, meaning I've failed 5 out of 8 modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTylerDurden)
    If I pull out, can I reapply to retake my second year in 16 months time? Or will I need to meet some criteria with my marks? I have only submitted one task for each module this year, meaning I've failed 5 out of 8 modules.
    Don't drop out. Talk to your uni and submit mitigating circumstances for this year. Speak to your personal tutor and say you would like to take some time out as it is all getting too much. People often defer for a year when they have mitigating circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't late depression cast you down or get the better of you. If you are failing second year, then by all means ask to resit the year but don't drop out. You should also seek to see a counsellor to help you overcome your depression if its physiological and has an origin before seeking any medication. During my GCSEs and A-levels I also had severe depression that I felt at sometimes like I was suffocating and couldn't live a normal life which included skipping classes. I believe my attendance was as low as 63% at A-level. But somehow I knew what getting into a career I wanted meant to my whole life and forced myself to study at home; surpassing all expectations. You can do it too. Fighting!

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.