Turn on thread page Beta

The grass isn't always greener on the other side watch

Just need to offload this.

So I'm at uni now, but for the 2 years while I was doing my A-Level's I constantly had the mentality that the grass is greener on the other side. As in I would have been happier at another college and everything would've been better. This led to me transferring to somewhere else for the start of A2 and then moving back after half a term when I realised how un-worthwhile it had all been.

Then when I moved back for a while everything was okay, but then just before exams, for a little bit I almost wanted to fail so I could go somewhere different again. I did end up trying and got into my first choice uni.

I just feel ridiculous for the way I acted during those 2 years. I thought I was depressed but in reality I just needed to stop comparing myself to others, be grateful for what I had and do my best to improve my own situation.

Anyway, thanks for Reading and if you can relate please share...

ReputationRep:
    Everyone can relate because a lot of life is about learning from mistakes. There is no right or wrong path and its up to us to find our way in life. You mention that you thought you were depressed. If any of what you have written still bothers you, I suggest speaking to a counsellor or your GP. It could really help in many ways you might not expect. (from my experience)

ReputationRep:
    Look at things from the other perspective, you've learned to "stop comparing myself to others, be grateful for what I had and do my best to improve my own situation."

Might have made mistakes to get there but that's life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2014
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.