Extreme Nail Biting Problems Watch

Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Alright so I don't bite my fingers off or anything, but I CAN NEVER FOCUS ON ANYTHING EXCEPT MY NAILS WHEN REVISING!!!

I am not even joking, I just look at my nails the whole time, or if I do manage to read a few pages, I stop at that point and focus on my nails for 15 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop/focus on work? I've been biting my nails since I was like 6 (I'm 18 now)
I tried wearing gloves but they were uncomfortable to work in.

I really really need to meet my offer to get to uni as its my dream uni but I really need help.

Thanks
idontevenbeth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been biting my nails since a young age and have tried them horrid nail polishes, to acrylic nails. I found that the nail polished worked best and I ended up nearly cracking a tooth not knowing I was biting my acrylic.

I don't like having long nails at all, so maybe say "When I do an hour of revision I can bite this nail"? I mean if you're trying to grow them then use the nail polish, it's like £3 but worked well for me. If it's just to stop distracting you, treat it like a treat (it sounds weird but I hope you understand!!). I have no intention of growing my nails so only biting them once every hour would be fine for me :')
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.29%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.41%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (36)
14.69%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.24%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.8%

Watched Threads