Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, your opinion Skinny girls vs curvy girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    So what do you prefer, Skinny or Curvy? (This isn't to judge, I love all shapes and sizes but everyone has a preference!!)

ReputationRep:
    Please not this thread again. You are trying to make yourself feel better at the expense of skinny girls. Everybody has their own preference, some guys will like skinny girls, some will like curvy girls.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people say skinny girls are not 'real women' just cause they aren't fat (or curvey or bubbly as fat woemn describe themselves)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WitnessMO)
    Please not this thread again. You are trying to make yourself feel better at the expense of skinny girls. Everybody has their own preference, some guys will like skinny girls, some will like curvy girls.
    No, not at all!! I respect everybody's opinion, that's all I wanted to know, people's preferences and what they think on the matter ~ I personally don't mind whether I'm skinny or overweight (I just feel the need that I have to lose weight sometimes?), I just wanna know how much weight really matters to people ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelittlehobbit)
    No, not at all!! I respect everybody's opinion, that's all I wanted to know, people's preferences and what they think on the matter ~ I personally don't mind whether I'm skinny or overweight (I just feel the need that I have to lose weight sometimes?), I just wanna know how much weight really matters to people ~
    I don't think weight should matter that much compared to what's inside a person's heart. Many guys will still find you attractive if you confident in who you are etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WitnessMO)
    I don't think weight should matter that much compared to what's inside a person's heart. Many guys will still find you attractive if you confident in who you are etc.
    Yeah I think confidence is probably the main issue with me~ thanks

ReputationRep:
    Let me predict how this is going to go

"Lol @ 'curvy women', they're just fatties in denial"
    "Why does nobody like women with some meat on them "
    "[posts picture of very attractive fitness model or celebrity] Guys, is this the perfect female body?"

Blah blah blah
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I hate this debate. It always ends up with some girls on both ends of the spectrum feeling **** about themselves. Skinny girls can be beautiful, as can curvy girls, and you can have curvy skinny girls anyway. Some people have preferences, some won't care at all. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a preference as long as you don't make stupid comments about curvy being a word some overweight girls use to make themselves feel better, or how "real women have curves". Okay, done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think confidence is probably the main issue with me~ thanks
    Seriously though, attraction is a very illogical thing. Very few people actually go out looking for a checklist of stuff – you either feel a kind of 'click' with someone, or you don't. Sometimes this is mutual, and sometimes it isn't.

Besides, there's a world of difference between what boys on TSR fap to and who they then go on to develop long-lasting crushes on. (Same goes for girls, but your thread was asking for guys' opinions, so I just thought I'd put that out there.)

As in, I like looking at male underwear models, but I am capable of being attracted to anyone. It's the way someone carries themselves and their general behaviour / aura / personality / whatever you want to call it that makes the difference, not their waist-to-hip ratio or their stomach or whatever.

tl;dr: Please stop worrying about what people online may or may not say they like. The world is very very varied, and so are the people that live in it. Besides, if your self-esteem solely relies on what the opposite gender thinks of you, then that's not good. Be confident in your happy lil self.

ReputationRep:
    exactly! Skinny girls have curves (nina dobrev for example) too so it doesn't make sense when I hear people use the word curvy to refer to 'fat' people. Phrasing the question as skinny vs curvy is a mistake on my part ~

ReputationRep:
    I personally prefer skinny girls, don't really mind if she's got very few curves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    Seriously though, attraction is a very illogical thing. Very few people actually go out looking for a checklist of stuff – you either feel a kind of 'click' with someone, or you don't. Sometimes this is mutual, and sometimes it isn't.

Besides, there's a world of difference between what boys on TSR fap to and who they then go on to develop long-lasting crushes on. (Same goes for girls, but your thread was asking for guys' opinions, so I just thought I'd put that out there.)

As in, I like looking at male underwear models, but I am capable of being attracted to anyone. It's the way someone carries themselves and their general behaviour / aura / personality / whatever you want to call it that makes the difference, not their waist-to-hip ratio or their stomach or whatever.

tl;dr: Please stop worrying about what people online may or may not say they like. The world is very very varied, and so are the people that live in it. Besides, if your self-esteem solely relies on what the opposite gender thinks of you, then that's not good. Be confident in your happy lil self.
    Awww, thanks for the sensible answer, so lovely !! Much appreciated. yeah I have the same beliefs that everyone has someone that will take them as they are, but I really should stop caring about what the world thinks,that in itself is an issue with confidence/self-esteem, which I hope i can get over ! ^^ xx

ReputationRep:
    Most guys I know take each girl individually.

I've been in groups of guys, and we've all turned our heads to look at a 'skinny' girl, and two minutes later we've all turned our heads to look at a 'curvy' girl.

Most of us will claim to go for certain types, but at the end of the day - an attractive girl is an attractive girl.

ReputationRep:
    What do people even consider curvy?

Is it wide hips and small waist? Can a girl be curvy with small boobs/bum

or does she need big hips, small waist, big boobs and bum?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what classes as skinny or curvy or fat anymore. I was reading a thread where these guys were commenting on how chubby this girl was and she was honetsly slim as hell. Some people call fat curvy, as a way to make it sound nicer so I don't know. I think Beyonce has a beautiful figure though, as does Kelly Brooks.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think a lot of people care i.e. would never date a skinny/curvy girl. I prefer blondes but if I met a redhead and we got along and liked each other, yeah i'd go out with them.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny and Curvy are not mutually exclusive

/thread

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's personal preference but I find Beyoncé's figure absolutely lush (wide hips thin waist) , however there is only one guy I know who thinks the same, and I find a lot of girls/guys I know hate the idea of bigger hips and curves? I guess I'm just surrounded by people who think skinny is the only look that is attractive and since I'm more the opposite it makes me feel like I need to lose a lot of weight but I like the way I look?

So what do you prefer, Skinny or Curvy? (This isn't to judge, I love all shapes and sizes but everyone has a preference!!)
    Skinny = word used to describe size of body
    Curvy = word used to describe shape of body.
    You can be skinny and curvy or fat and curvy or slim and curvy. Beyonce is slim and has a pear shaped body. Even if she becomes really skinny, she will still have a pear shaped body. Her waist:hip ratio is what makes her curvy. Not her size.

Also curvy≠ fat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick to death of this question! Not all men like the same things and every definition of skinny and curvy are different!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel1215)
    I'm sick to death of this question! Not all men like the same things and every definition of skinny and curvy are different!
    THIS, these threads need to be outlawed. Firstly one persons thin/fat is different than anothers and surprisingly males are not one homogeneous group.

I mean hell lets do a...

Girls, your opinion, six-pack ab body builders or ]skinny guys. Cos that's so useful...

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.