The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2014 OFFICIAL

Since no one has started one yet I thought I would with 7 days to go, hows the revision?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Okay, just need to learn the longer mark questions - photoelectric effect, fluorescence, oscilloscope etc...
What do you think the 6-8 marker would be?
Reply 3
Original post by you-only-live-once
What do you think the 6-8 marker would be?

I'm thinking fluorescent lamps or electron diffraction
Original post by Kieranw5
I'm thinking fluorescent lamps or electron diffraction

What can you write for electron diffraction?
Reply 5
i hope it is fluorescent lamps, so much easier than the others! I dont think it will be on electron diffraction, I swear I read somewhere in the specification we dont have to know the details of that?
There was a lot on classification of particles on the June 2013 paper so assuming there won't be a great deal of that on this paper? Although there is always a little at the beginning
Reply 7
By electron diffraction I meant talking about the wave particle duality using it as an example
Reply 8
I'm struggling to get the 6 mark questions based on quantum phenomena. Does anybody have any tips?
Reply 9
Original post by liass
i hope it is fluorescent lamps, so much easier than the others! I dont think it will be on electron diffraction, I swear I read somewhere in the specification we dont have to know the details of that?

In the specification it says 'Candidates should know that electron diffraction suggests the wave nature of particles and the photoelectric effect suggest the particle nature of electromagnetic waves; details of particular methods of particle diffraction are not expected'
For the 6 marker, what could come up with regards to oscilloscopes?
theres already been a six marker on oscilliscopes I think, have a look at the past papers :smile: If they've already done it they are unlikely to ask on this topic again though :/
Quantum Phenomena is unbelievably easy. I have a feeling the 6 marker will be on circuits. Something where it asks us to draw an appropriate circuit and show how the experiment could be done.
Reply 13
Original post by particlestudent
Quantum Phenomena is unbelievably easy. I have a feeling the 6 marker will be on circuits. Something where it asks us to draw an appropriate circuit and show how the experiment could be done.

maybe a potential divider or a sensor circuit then? Theres a whole section on sensor circuits in the textbook
Reply 14
Hi guys can anybody show me a step by step answer for question 4 from topic 5.4 please. Thank you
Reply 15
Does anyone know if we need to know any details of electron capture other than the Feynman diagram for it?
Reply 16
Anyone want to take a guess on the prediction of the 6marker?
Reply 17
Original post by i9l7f
Does anyone know if we need to know any details of electron capture other than the Feynman diagram for it?

there have been questions on it in previous exam papers, so yes Im assuming so.
Original post by liass
maybe a potential divider or a sensor circuit then? Theres a whole section on sensor circuits in the textbook

Can you tell me what points i can say for potential divider or a sensor circuit please? :smile:
Could somebody briefly go over Strangeness in a couple of sentences?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending