The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2014 OFFICIAL

Scroll to see replies

Sorry I have no idea how to reply to just your message 'flexee'.
Original post by deadmau_5
245nm

Wasn't it 236nm? :confused:
Well ****. I used the crap they gave us too but added you could always add an Ammeter and thermometer to measure the temperature.

I thought that at first, but then you've got too many measurements to put on a graph - current, voltage and temperature. So I omitted the ammeter :tongue:
Reply 403
Original post by Potatosandwich98
for 2e i swear you could still must weak interaction and a W^+/-

It has to be Electromagnetic and virtual photons. Protons do not interact with eachother through the weak, they decay through the weak.
Reply 404
****s gonna get thick again if this paper has high grade boundaries
Original post by Ryejd
Easy paper, although the style of questions was a bit different

I^2R

Finally, someone who agrees! Everyone had been complaining it was difficult and I thought it was quite average - as did most of my friends.
Reply 406
Was it 654, 236 or 245 - I'm confused
What did everyone get as the answer in eV?
Original post by tanya21
Finally, someone who agrees! Everyone had been complaining it was difficult and I thought it was quite average - as did most of my friends.

It was average and then the final 9 marks were very difficult.
Original post by Avor
For the question where you had to calculate the energy in eV, does anyone remember the wavelength that they gave us? It was in nanometers.

278nm :smile:
Original post by tanya21

It was pretty freaking easy, I can only think of 2 marks I dropped.
Unless they don't have a range of values for the power question >: (I used 1.9W and 0.8ohms, so my I and V are different.)
Original post by lilminster
Wasn't it 236nm? :confused:

It was 254nm
Original post by tanya21
I thought that at first, but then you've got too many measurements to put on a graph - current, voltage and temperature. So I omitted the ammeter :tongue:

Do you think I'll at least get two marks for saying, "repeat the experiment for repeated measurements and the.tabulate the results and plot an I-V graph and the resistance is then 1/gradient."?
Do you think I'll at least get two marks for saying, "repeat the experiment for repeated measurements and the.tabulate the results and plot an I-V graph and the resistance is then 1/gradient."?

Why are you talking about R and I? We weren't measuring that.
Original post by tohaaaa
Why are you talking about R and I? We weren't measuring that.

Well, 6 marks down the drain then
Reply 414

Maybe for repeat the experiment, but you can't draw an I-V curve because the graph is pd over temperature
Original post by tanya21

What was your answer to last question first part?
Reply 416
:frown:
Reply 417
Original post by WannabeStudent15
What was the significance of the critical temperature? Is it necessary to put uses or can you just say what it is?
How to define resistivity? Is 'resistance of a material for given dimensions' + equation good?
And do you think I would get the marks for saying R in q7 was to avoid short circuit?

When a superconductor is cooled below its critical temperature, it has zero resistance.
Resistivity is the resistance of a material per metre length and crossectional area of 1m^2. (I think you'll get full marks for what you wrote).
Resistor R in q7 was to act as a potential divider. Without resistor R the p.d across the thermistor would have been the emf of the battery (constant)
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by benwood
278nm :smile:

Where on Earth did you get that number? It was definitely 254nm.
Well, 6 marks down the drain then

:/ As above, you may get a couple for saying repeat measurements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending