Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am an international student currently sitting my IB final exams. I have a conditional offer from Imperial but I'm afraid I'll miss out on it because our maths teachers haven't taught us anything for us to be prepared for the exams. Seeing that I will not be able to make my offer, should i consider reapplying next year after resitting? How will this impact my application and chances to get in? Moreover, I haven't firmed Imperial yet so should i decline the offer and reapply next year or should i contact them to know what i should do (this option seems negative to me tho).

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT DECLINE THE OFFER IF YOU HAVENT SAT THE EXAM!!!

Why would you do this if you WANT to go to Imperial???!

You havent even sat the exam, and if you want to study at one of the top universities academically in the UK, then blaming your teacher is poor form. You should be intelligent enough to do the work by yourself with support from the teacher. If you dont believe in that work ethic, how are you going to last at ICL in any case?

Focus on doing the best now and see where it goes, if you reject imperial now all your work in getting that offer will be gone. They wont just give you another based on sentiment.

As for not getting the offer, its probably best to follow this principal 'Only worry about things that actually happen'

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing my exams and have a strong feeling that I won't make the offer. Of course I wouldn't just decline the offer without sitting the exam. I generally wouldn't blame my teachers but seeing that none of the students were able to well on the exam speaks volumes about the kind of teaching and support offered. I would generally do well but a subject like maths requires a good explanation of the fundamentals, which I do not believe was offered. I never got below 90% prior to this school I joined and I think it may well be the reason I was not able to do as well. I wanted to know what if imperial would consider me next year if I decide to reapply.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.