Aqa gcse biology unit 2

Watch this thread
kh4n
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hannah97
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Yeah what was that question about magnesium?? and the one about accurate readings of PH that's chemistry! I thought it was harder than the past papers and the diffusion question was bad I couldn't think of very many examples
lucechris98
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
i found it really hard to i was crying at the end

hopefully low grade boundaries
CurleysWife
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I found the exam OK... so lucky that the 6 markers were on Speciation and Diffusion!

But the roots question, and how putting air in the ions helps the roots to not die? Wtf lol...
Zoelle
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
i found the Biology Unit relatively "easy" but B3 was just so much more harder, i think in a sense i was lucky since everything i revised in B2 came up but With B3 it was just totally blown out of proportion
Hope everyone did good though
Hannah97
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I thought the diffusion was hard, I couldn't remember very many points and I agree the plant roots/ions was mad, also sad that no cells came up :'(
CurleysWife
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hannah97)
Yeah what was that question about magnesium?? and the one about accurate readings of PH that's chemistry! I thought it was harder than the past papers and the diffusion question was bad I couldn't think of very many examples
For the magnesium question I just wrote about chlorophyll, and how it's essential in the process of photosynthesis to make glucose with is used for healthy growth in the plant.

I have a feeling that the grade boundaries will be lowered.
GreenNinjaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The exam was okay tbh..
What did you guys write for the one where you had to pick from Meiosis or Mitosis?
Everyone in my year has been debating about that all day haha
i did meiosis, majority if people did.. But is it correct?
RJohnson
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Th magnesium and nitrogen questions were so hard! And all the fish stuff at the beginning on B3....Im not sure what question it was but there was one where it was either meiosis or mitosis...what did you put?
RJohnson
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
ugh brilliant. So was the number of cells question below 2?? I got so confused
RJohnson
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
well i never liked biology...
badaman
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Very hard paper Hope for low boundaries and revise loads for B1! :/
CurleysWife
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AlphaNick)
8 cells
Damn I wrote 9!
CurleysWife
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GreenNinjaa)
The exam was okay tbh..
What did you guys write for the one where you had to pick from Meiosis or Mitosis?
Everyone in my year has been debating about that all day haha
i did meiosis, majority if people did.. But is it correct?
The one about the fertilized egg dividing into an embryo was mitosis.
Meiosis is for gametes.
a7991d15w
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
That question about magnesium and nitrogen etc was impossible! i liked the 6 marker on speciation though!
CurleysWife
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by a7991d15w)
That question about magnesium and nitrogen etc was impossible! i liked the 6 marker on speciation though!
Yeah, I nearly cried from joy when I saw it!
MUTTA
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Very easy tbh on question 6 tripped me that was 12 marked and about 3 on question 3 so that's 45/60 I see a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
voxdock
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It was mitosis.
was gonna say, if a lot of your got that wrong...
kkiz
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
8 cells
oh I put 6 oh dear
lottie08
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I actually found most of it easy enough apart from the question about the plant minerals, i had to half guess at that. I think the question about mitosis or meiosis is mitosis because the gametes had already fused.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (17)
18.48%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (31)
33.7%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.43%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.17%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.78%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
19.57%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.52%

Watched Threads