AQA Geography 13th May 2014 Watch

liamthompson11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
That was one weird paper
Only one case study (Fold Mountains) and all the other eight markers were refer to the figures
I also found the questions really vague, for example 'What is a flood'
anigroeg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah the Fold Mountains case study was a pretty basic question which was good- not sure about the question saying to describe the beach in the figure that was rather vague. Strange paper
bubblepop123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Glad I'm not the only one who found it weird... questions like "what is cliff collapse" and "describe the beach" how are you meant to answer questions like that?
Marcusroye98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I made so many stupid mistakes -___-! It was such a weird exam :l
ScarletXxXRose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i hated that stupid paper
only one case stud question and i revised so many facts,
f*** s***
bubblepop123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree,
wolvesboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with you guys, definitely the weirdest paper I've ever sat, nothing at all like any of the past papers, 'what is cliff collapse?' Ermm when a cliff collapses?! And all the 8 markers were stupid, any one do ice on the land? The info in the text wasn't even relevant for the question..

more of an English paper than a geography one!
jennywasteslives
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ugh that exam was awful, I'd spent ages revising case studies and it got me nowhere
livvyjones98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with everyone, I spent ages memorizing stupid facts like the kobe earthquake happened at 5:46 am on 17th Jan 1995 when I could have been revising actual geography.
Captain Obviou$
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I felt that paper was weird too, will the human geography one be similar? predictions ? I hope the grade boundaries are low :/
bubblepop123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wolvesboy)
I agree with you guys, definitely the weirdest paper I've ever sat, nothing at all like any of the past papers, 'what is cliff collapse?' Ermm when a cliff collapses?! And all the 8 markers were stupid, any one do ice on the land? The info in the text wasn't even relevant for the question..

more of an English paper than a geography one!
I agree, there were very few connection to the question...also how did you find the sketch map of the lake question?
somegirlcalledea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The whole paper was weird and the 8 markers were mostly not case studies which is completely different to what I expected :dontknow: hopefully I didnt do too badly but the questions were unusual and nothing like the past papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ozzie2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I spent hours last night revising case studies and only one of them came up which I thought was really weird. In some questions I decided to include the case studies in anyway. On the levees question I started to talk about how they were formed which was the question after. This question and the cliff collapse one really threw me off mainly due to the wording of them.
somegirlcalledea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ozzie2)
I spent hours last night revising case studies and only one of them came up which I thought was really weird. In some questions I decided to include the case studies in anyway. On the levees question I started to talk about how they were formed which was the question after. This question and the cliff collapse one really threw me off mainly due to the wording of them.
Its like the 'what is river flooding' question, it seemed too simple and pretty self explanatory so I had no idea what to write for 2 marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile
gyerou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What I found strange was they asked basically the same three questions about desert plants in the living world
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise