Handwriting worries!!!! Watch

MissA9797
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been told my handwriting is absolutely atrocious and near-illegible ( the main issue is with letter formation), and although in the last two years my teachers have struggled through my scripts, I don't know what the examiners will do...it's currently exam season, so it is evidently too late.
Attached is a photograph of some work in my handwriting, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mmvu9u&s=8#.U3I1Uijuc8Q and in all the GCSE exams I've done so far, my handwriting has been only slightly better/pretty much the same?

Will the examiner take the time to read it, or only mark sections of it, or simply return it to the school? What tends to happen normally? It will have been a colossal waste of time, effort and energy if I'm marked down because of it. :'(
lyrical_lie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MissA9797)
I've been told my handwriting is absolutely atrocious and near-illegible ( the main issue is with letter formation), and although in the last two years my teachers have struggled through my scripts, I don't know what the examiners will do...it's currently exam season, so it is evidently too late.
Attached is a photograph of some work in my handwriting, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mmvu9u&s=8#.U3I1Uijuc8Q and in all the GCSE exams I've done so far, my handwriting has been only slightly better/pretty much the same?

Will the examiner take the time to read it, or only mark sections of it, or simply return it to the school? What tends to happen normally? It will have been a colossal waste of time, effort and energy if I'm marked down because of it. :'(
I personally can't read it but I also have awful handwriting and have never had any exams sent back either at Higher or Uni level. I think being part of an examiner is to decipher scripts as especially when students are running out of time their handwriting goes mental. I know in my sister's school some students are allowed to use a laptop if their handwriting is simply unreadable, maybe look into this for next year?
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't worry, while it's not the easiest task in the world, I can read your writing, and I'm sure the examiners will have had much more practice than me!

But if your anxiety is causing you difficulties with studying effectively, you may wish to speak to Student Support about using a laptop in the exam.

I have to write quite slowly to keep it legible, and I used a laptop in all my school exams.
MissA9797
Rep:
?
Thank you for your reassuring comments! Yes, a laptop for next year is a no-brainer.....I guess I psyched myself out because my teachers- although they struggled through my work- repeatedly told me I'd be penalized if I didn't improve it, but writing neatly slows down the speed at which I write, and I never want to risk not finishing the paper.
charles1641
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even my handwriting is worst. I tried may time to improve it but i couldn't.....
nembhard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

You handwriting is not bad. my is awful, but i go to exams and do well. everyone has different handwriting. You have doctor handwriting, most doctors you cant read what they write, but they still go to med school and uni. Dont worry mate.
WGR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is neat yet illegible, doctor handwriting in a nutshell.
nembhard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i can't read his hand writting, but its seem to be a doctor handwriting.
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your handwriting is neat compared to mine.
Name:  1400050978762.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  99.0 KB

I think i am going to get a laptop for my exams.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Alphamed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got tips on how to improve handwriting? I've even considered those handwriting books you used as a kid in primary school
DaphneC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Oppss. I guess you're just too fast in writing your script causing your writing output to be like that (as seen in picture). Try not to rush in writing. It may help you construct every letter beautifully. There are still rooms for improvements.

Keep it clear and readable.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
I can read bits of it
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm used to reading some pretty dire handwriting and I can read yours, and I assume it's easier to read on actual paper too, so don't worry about it.

Try and slant less though.
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine's as bad when I'm writing essays and I've never had any trouble.
zed963
  • Study Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Readable.

Nothing wrong.
MissA9797
Rep:
?
(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
Your handwriting is neat compared to mine.
Name:  1400050978762.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  99.0 KB

I think i am going to get a laptop for my exams.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I can read quite a lot of yours: it does take sometime but it is legible nonetheless. However a laptop would be a wise option. Unfortunately for me that option won't be available until A-levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (33)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (84)
42.42%
Nope, not that interesting (81)
40.91%

Watched Threads