The Student Room Group

Did anyone do the Aqa additional science biology exam today?

I did this exam today. I found it quite easy, but i was annoyed, most of the stuff i spent extra time memorizing didn't even come up, how did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i messed up on the second 6 mark question for b3 and the b2 was not that easy , what was the answer to the first question on b2?
Reply 2
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by dilkaran
i messed up on the second 6 mark question for b3 and the b2 was not that easy , what was the answer to the first question on b2?

I believe it was the product of when protein is broken down by protease, so it would be amino acids.
Reply 4
Original post by dilkaran

What was the first question?
Reply 5
Original post by ryanroks1
I believe it was the product of when protein is broken down by protease, so it would be amino acids.

Yeah I put amino acids aswell.
I did the exam today I think they were okay I just completely blanked on the magnesium in plants question :s-smilie: oh we'll it's done now another 18 or so exams left :frown:
Original post by lottie08
I did this exam today. I found it quite easy, but i was annoyed, most of the stuff i spent extra time memorizing didn't even come up, how did you find it?

Same with me how annoying :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Kulsum_1998
I did the exam today I think they were okay I just completely blanked on the magnesium in plants question :s-smilie: oh we'll it's done now another 18 or so exams left :frown:

It gave a hint in the question if i remember right, I think it said magnesium is found in the chloroplasts, so I said magnesium is needed to produce chlorophyll for photosynthesis, something along them lines... 18 exams, what? I only have about 8 to go.
Reply 9
I thought B2 was hard B3 was okay Definately no A*s for me though maybe an A if lucky
I reckon the grade boundaries would go down from last year as the previous papers were easier. I reckon I'll get an a/a*
It gave a hint in the question if i remember right, I think it said magnesium is found in the chloroplasts, so I said magnesium is needed to produce chlorophyll for photosynthesis, something along them lines... 18 exams, what? I only have about 8 to go.

What?! Seriously?? Oh god now i feel stupid :frown: & yeah i have a LOT of exams to revise and im dreading it
Reply 12

Really!!!! Did it say Mg ions found in the chloroplasts??? I am so stupid I have not read the question properly :frown: .. To be honest i found this paper hard and the thing is all my mock exam paper i got A and A* so I just feel upset :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought that b2 was harder than b3- the first b3 6 mark question was basically a geography question (good news for those of us who do geography!)
but there were no questions on kidneys or dialysis and about 1 on the heart- i learnt all the chambers and valves for nothing.
b3 was definitely easier than last year.
except for that one question on the number of stomata on the upper side of the leaf- 1 mark and i could not get my head round it :/
Reply 14
Original post by yoomi
Really!!!! Did it say Mg ions found in the chloroplasts??? I am so stupid I have not read the question properly :frown: .. To be honest i found this paper hard and the thing is all my mock exam paper i got A and A* so I just feel upset :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh don't worry about it, you've probably done pretty good on the rest of the questions. My chemistry exam is on thursday, I'm worried about that one the most.
Reply 15
Original post by Kulsum_1998
What?! Seriously?? Oh god now i feel stupid :frown: & yeah i have a LOT of exams to revise and im dreading it

That's crazy.. revise as much as physically possible, it will all be over soon.
Reply 16
Does anyone remember the question about the shrimps mating, and the reasons why the scientists might be wrong about them being a different species because they didn't want to mate? I think I put really stupid answers, I said, maybe they are a different gender, and maybe it's not the mating season for shrimps, lol.
Reply 17
I am so scared, I did pretty well in both of the paper, but we have to wait 'till 22nd August for the results, moreover, anyone knows the answer of the potato to biogas in B3 ?
I did both papers, i found them slightly tricky on some questions, although i made sure to answer everything, some of my attempts were uncertain attempts however some such as the deforestation question on b3, the osmosis question on b3, the speciation question on b2 i should have got some points correct. Does anyone think the grade boundaries will be high this year? most say they found it easy (people i know anyway)
the Magnesium ion question should never have been put in! I am a teacher and this question or anything about Mg is not in the syllabus anymore!, with enough support from teachers we need to appeal and lower the grade boundary by a mark or 2!

Quick Reply

Latest