The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zali249
Hey! I understand where you are coming from- whilst there was a 1 marker on this in Jun 13 there was a 3 marker in Jun 12 as well as Jun 14 with the answer I have stated above. I've attached the question and answer in case it helps anyone :smile:
As for the exam- I cant call it on difficulty after that bio exam , aqa really do grind my gears grrr . All the best to everyone- We can do this i/a ! :biggrin:

PS. The question is from JUN 12 - the question from JUN 14 was the opposite way round (why does resistance decrease at a lower voltage for 3 marks)

Thanks dude this really helped ! :smile: Gl to you for the exam really hope you do well too and that goes for everybody else :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rudeboyzzz
Thanks dude this really helped ! :smile: Gl to you for the exam really hope you do well too and that goes for everybody else :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile: Thankyou for your kind words! If you need any more help or you want to discuss anything then let me know :smile:
Original post by DesignPredator
However, my friend, it was talking specifically about protons, and command was to DESCRIBE.

Lol yes, and the atomic number of the element is the number of protons there are in an atom of the element, The Elements are arranged in order of atomic number (this is also known as the proton number).

Why what did you write for it? It was a 1 mark question lol, describe what? u just have to say it was arranged in order of atomic number or in order of proton number thats it, the line was like this long:

...........................................................................................
Original post by f.loco
Hey i put pencil as it doesnt dissolve in the SOLUTE not solvent. Do i still get the marks???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmm doesn't dissolve maybe I don't know it's like the meiosis and mitosis thing they're similar words but they might be harsh about it so only expect to get the mark for the pencil
Original post by HeskeyLAD
@yeyhelloxoxoxo: for the first one, I put phosphoric acid. The part about which ion making it more acidic to a pH of 2.9, I put H+ (hydrogen). I doubt they're wrong.

The next question mentioned the pH of an acid so surely the answer could've only been phosphoric acid so yeh you'd be wrong in saying the water seeing as that is neutral !!
How would you answer a question on why does increasing current increase the resistance ?
Do you say temp increases so therefore resistance increases, or do you have to talk about ions vibrating more so more frequent collisions between the electrons.. HELP
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
How would you answer a question on why does increasing current increase the resistance ?
Do you say temp increases so therefore resistance increases, or do you have to talk about ions vibrating more so more frequent collisions between the electrons.. HELP

You might get a better response on the physics thread... :erm:

Anyway, increased current means a greater amount of electrons are passing through the conductor. This means that they bump into the metal ions more frequently and transfer heat energy more frequently, which results in increased vibrations of the metal ions. This vibration impedes the flow of current, which results in an increase in resistance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arithmeticae
You might get a better response on the physics thread... :erm:

Anyway, increased current means a greater amount of electrons are passing through the conductor. This means that they bump into the metal ions more frequently and transfer heat energy more frequently, which results in increased vibrations of the metal ions. This vibration impedes the flow of current, which results in an increase in resistance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So more frequent collodions between ions/electrons

Temp increase- ions vibrate more

Basically the same answer for if it is talking about voltage ?! Ahh this better be missed tomorrow
So more frequent collodions between ions/electrons

Temp increase- ions vibrate more

Basically the same answer for if it is talking about voltage ?! Ahh this better be missed tomorrow

Bro, use the physics thread instead of bumping this dead one.

Pretty much.

Voltage is similar, but it means the electrons have more energy instead of there being more of them. PD is a better term to use.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an idea on grade boundaries for this... I'm hoping for like 45 for 90ums fingers crossed !
Does anyone have an idea on grade boundaries for this... I'm hoping for like 45 for 90ums fingers crossed !

i reckon for c2 43-A* 37-A 29-B 24-C
For c3: 41-A* 35-A 27-B 23-C
Original post by Yousf
i reckon for c2 43-A* 37-A 29-B 24-C
For c3: 41-A* 35-A 27-B 23-C

Ok thanks yeh I hope it is around this level really as that would get me a decent about of ums marks... What about for B2 as I missed out last two pages by accident so I at best scored maybe 35 which is appalling as last year would've only got me 76 ums Ahhh... Did you think it was relatively hard then like what did your mates think?
Ok thanks yeh I hope it is around this level really as that would get me a decent about of ums marks... What about for B2 as I missed out last two pages by accident so I at best scored maybe 35 which is appalling as last year would've only got me 76 ums Ahhh... Did you think it was relatively hard then like what did your mates think?

Your not the only one, i also missed out the 9marks on the final 2 pages!:frown:. I reckon they will be really low for b2.
b2: A*-34 A-29 B- 23 C- 18
b3: A*-41 A-36 B-26 C-22
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Yousf
Your not the only one, i almost missed out the 9marks on the final 2 pages!:frown:. I reckon they will be really low for b2.
b2: A*-34 A-29 B- 23 C- 18
b3: A*-41 A-36 B-26 C-22

34 seems a bit too low but if they are around like maybe 39 then I'm gonna be really happy as I think I made up enough marks on the other papers to average 90 overall.... I hope... Yeh I'm gonna be checking AQA's page the day before the exam for sure as I wanna know what they're like for this exam especially and good to know I'm not the only person that did that ! Ah please AQA be nice to us seeing as you put a black page randomly near the end of the paper eurgh 🔫 :smile:
34 seems a bit too low but if they are around like maybe 39 then I'm gonna be really happy as I think I made up enough marks on the other papers to average 90 overall.... I hope... Yeh I'm gonna be checking AQA's page the day before the exam for sure as I wanna know what they're like for this exam especially and good to know I'm not the only person that did that ! Ah please AQA be nice to us seeing as you put a black page randomly near the end of the paper eurgh ������ :smile:

yep! But remember last year for b3 36/60 was an A* so it could be that low!:eek:
are there any unofficial mark schemes for the b2 b3 p2 p3 c2 c3 exams we have done???
Original post by Yousf
yep! But remember last year for b3 36/60 was an A* so it could be that low!:eek:

Yeh they fluctuate SOOO much it's quite ridiculous but yeh if it was that hard then maybe cause many people didn't learn the mineral questions as it was only skimmed over in the spec also so perhaps and the magnesium ions one tripped many people up hmm
Original post by Gladiatorsword
are there any unofficial mark schemes for the b2 b3 p2 p3 c2 c3 exams we have done???

I'm in desperate need of these for additional science as I wanna know how many marks I obtained ahh
I'm in desperate need of these for additional science as I wanna know how many marks I obtained ahh

same..
i found a p3 unofficial mark scheme but none for the other exams
Original post by Gladiatorsword
same..
i found a p3 unofficial mark scheme but none for the other exams

Ah man this is so annoying seeing as last year I had one for the C1 exam ah man I don't like to be left in the darkkkk !!

Quick Reply

Latest