Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How did everyone find it? The other thread is a bit long and confusing now(:
kelefi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
pretty good!
many forgot to do the last question in one of the papers, the speciation one.
chronicmusic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think I dropped too many easy marks (e.g. meiosis/mitosis question and how many chromosomes it would have after division). I put meiosis and 23, but I'm told the answer is mitosis and 8. The 6 marker on deforestation was good though! Also annoyed I didn't know the product of protein synthesis :/
manoornadim
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I found it difficult aha, B3 was alright though
mmolly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
B2 was tricky as so many questions were application questions and not memory B3 was easier than B2...... what was the answer to the mitosis/meiosis one?? I put mitosis as it was division of the embryo or something, not making gametes???
iitenc1ty
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
can you give me the link to the other thread please?
kylemiller
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what grade boundary do you think it would be?
kylemiller
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what is the answer of the biogas question at the end of b3 about why wouldnt the gas work after 2 days
Winterfellrises
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because there was enough oxygen in the tank to support aerobic respiration - the methane needed for combustion only occurs in anaerobic circumstances
Lana_Banana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AlphaNick)
AQA confirmed the grade boundaries will be roughly 53/60 on B2, and 48/60 on B3. They released an initial report which found that many students were getting mid-high 50s.
WRONG - I'll reuse my post from the other thread
59/60 for an A* in B3 this year. AQA jusf confirmed it on their live grade boundaries blog. About half the papers have been marked so far, and so far everyone's done really well, getting in the high 420s.
chronicmusic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lana_Banana)
WRONG - I'll reuse my post from the other thread
59/60 for an A* in B3 this year. AQA jusf confirmed it on their live grade boundaries blog. About half the papers have been marked so far, and so far everyone's done really well, getting in the high 420s.
Are you kidding? Are you a drug addict? (420!?) - B2, an A*is 41/60
B3, an A* is 39/60
Lana_Banana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chronicmusic)
Are you kidding? Are you a drug addict? (420!?) - B2, an A*is 41/60
B3, an A* is 39/60
Yeah you guessed it - alcohol, crack cocaine, heroin, metts... all the hard stuff.

On a serious note though, grade boundaries for A*s in GCSE are ridiculously low - someone who gets say 44/60 doesn't really deserve the same amount of credit as someone with 56/60. They are both good though, I'm not saying 44 is bad, but the range of marks you can get an A* with is too wide.
kylemiller
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Winterfellrises)
Because there was enough oxygen in the tank to support aerobic respiration - the methane needed for combustion only occurs in anaerobic circumstances
Am i gonna get any marks for saying the mircoorganism uses anaerobix respiration to break down the waste material?
chronicmusic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lana_Banana)
Yeah you guessed it - alcohol, crack cocaine, heroin, metts... all the hard stuff.

On a serious note though, grade boundaries for A*s in GCSE are ridiculously low - someone who gets say 44/60 doesn't really deserve the same amount of credit as someone with 56/60. They are both good though, I'm not saying 44 is bad, but the range of marks you can get an A* with is too wide.
Hahaha yeah I knew it! Get on some amphetamine before your exams eh? Yeah it's true the gap is too large but is maximises the success rate I suppose. Maybe they should have a 'Diploma' award for students that achieved 90%+ on all 3 papers.
chronicmusic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kylemiller)
Am i gonna get any marks for saying the mircoorganism uses anaerobix respiration to break down the waste material?
That's what I put, you should get 1
Jaecee98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The magnesium ions & Nitrate questions caught me out, i was so confused.
Lana_Banana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jaecee98)
The magnesium ions & Nitrate questions caught me out, i was so confused.
There were a few difficult questions in the paper, but I realy don't understand how that question confused people - nitrogen obviously comes from nitrate ions (what else would it be) and for the magnesium question you just repeated what the question told you and mentioned briefly what chlorophyll does.
shazzzaib
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The answer for the magnesium ion was in the question ...it used magnesium to make chlorophyll
shazzzaib
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The fishing question got me all confused the first question on B3 because it was asking the same thing more than once :/
kylemiller
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chronicmusic)
That's what I put, you should get 1
actually, i also mentioned that they break down the waste which contain carbohydrates so am i gonna get an extra mark by saying they contain carbohydrates
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (21)
13.55%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.1%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (64)
41.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.84%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.23%

Watched Threads