AS Psychology Unit 1 Exam Pm 13th May (Edexcel)

Watch
SarahCrest
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How did everyone find it? I thought it was heavily based on Cognitive Psychology, only like 2 or 3 Social questions? And there was nothing on SIT? What is this?!
seanthorpe123
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I got stuck on the 12 mark got the names mixed up
Koolboyb
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thought it was okay, but SIT, assuming you mean stress inoculation therapy? That's unit 2
yellobitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I think she means social identify theory?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Save.Me
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I thought it went well...But seriously, there was like nothing on the multi-store model or levels of processing, and I spent ages revising them I memorized half of the evidence for them and I didn't even need it. I think they didn't put a question on SIT because almost every past exam has had a question on that, so maybe they wanted a change? The only question I found difficult was main features of lab experiment.
SarahCrest
Rep:
(Original post by Koolboyb)
Thought it was okay, but SIT, assuming you mean stress inoculation therapy? That's unit 2
Correct social identity theory is what I was on about lol

I hated the fact the msm didn't come up, made me so sad as I knew it so well. And that how lab question threw me too :/
yellobitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Lol I hate multi store model, I didn't bother revising it . I was glad about the 12 marker though. I almost laughed out loud when I saw the question .
Lab question was weird O.o. I quickly scribbled down something about controls and manipulating the IV.. doubt I got the whole 4 marks though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lilyghz
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I suppose it was alright however I don't think it was the nicest paper compared to previous years' papers..

You know that question about conducting a survey at the World Cup? It said "write a plan" so I took from it that we were required to write an actual plan I.e. Bullet points etc.. This is mainly because when my teacher was going over exam techniques with me she said to look out for commands like "write a letter" or "write an email" and actually follow them so when it said "write a plan" I actually wrote a plan ._. Please tell me I'm not the only one who did this? A lot of other people in my class wrote in normal paragraphs except for one other who kind of wrote it like a rough draft as a form of a plan? I believe I had all the right points down so if we were meant to write proper paragraphs for this question do you think I will still be awarded any marks and if so how many?

And I had no idea what the argument was for the godden and Baddeley question about the study not completely having ecological validity.. What did everyone else for not?

I was in a proper strop all evening after the exam and I didn't do any work because I was just so upset by the paper haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
yellobitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lilyghz)
and I had no idea what the argument was for the godden and Baddeley question about the study not completely having ecological validity.. What did everyone else for not?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I put stuff about lacking mundane realism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Save.Me
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I suppose it was alright however I don't think it was the nicest paper compared to previous years' papers..

You know that question about conducting a survey at the World Cup? It said "write a plan" so I took from it that we were required to write an actual plan I.e. Bullet points etc.. This is mainly because when my teacher was going over exam techniques with me she said to look out for commands like "write a letter" or "write an email" and actually follow them so when it said "write a plan" I actually wrote a plan ._. Please tell me I'm not the only one who did this? A lot of other people in my class wrote in normal paragraphs except for one other who kind of wrote it like a rough draft as a form of a plan? I believe I had all the right points down so if we were meant to write proper paragraphs for this question do you think I will still be awarded any marks and if so how many?

And I had no idea what the argument was for the godden and Baddeley question about the study not completely having ecological validity.. What did everyone else for not?

I was in a proper strop all evening after the exam and I didn't do any work because I was just so upset by the paper haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't do it in note form, though I'm sure you'll be fine, as long as you covered everything it asked in the question. Did you write in full sentences? If you did, it'll probably be okay.

For that question, I think I wrote about it being a field experiment, not a natural one, and therefore slightly manipulated.
sphs
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure about the plan part, but for Godden and Baddeley I argued for it, but I really think I should have argued both since it was an and/or question
SarahCrest
Rep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I argued that it had high ecological validity because the pps were in their natural environment as they belonged to a divers club etc etc

However it could be considered low in ecological validity because the pps might not have displayed natural behavior in all 4 conditions as they may have guessed the aim?

Not too sure if that was right but :/

Some people didnt answer the 12 marker correctly and it made me sad because they wrote like Milgram and stuff and thats like basically 1/4th of our grade :/
Lilyghz
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Oh gosh I can't imagine :/ that's really interesting because it's more commonly mistaken for people to write about Hofling instead..

Posted from TSR Mobile
yellobitch
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
That's really strange...
I think I must have been lucky as I did a pass paper with a very similar question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lizzy_parker
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I loved the 12 marker! A lot to talk about but research methods questions threw me, I found myself making up most of the answers :/ hoping grade boundaries aren't too steep
tamhugo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
For the survey question, do we need to mention the word "football" to get the application mark? Can I just say I classified those who aged 40 and above as older and 40 below as younger to get the mark?
For the 12 marker question, did anyone link it to real life obedience at the end?
Lilyghz
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tamhugo)
For the survey question, do we need to mention the word "football" to get the application mark? Can I just say I classified those who aged 40 and above as older and 40 below as younger to get the mark?
For the 12 marker question, did anyone link it to real life obedience at the end?
Any mention of the World Cup or football throughout your response will get you the marks because if you had only written a generic response with no explicit link to the stimulus will not get you the marks even if you made relevant points.

And yeah I did link it to real life but I only had the last 2 minutes to do that. I said it can explain student/teacher relationships and employer/employee relationships.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tamhugo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Any mention of the World Cup or football throughout your response will get you the marks because if you had only written a generic response with no explicit link to the stimulus will not get you the marks even if you made relevant points.

And yeah I did link it to real life but I only had the last 2 minutes to do that. I said it can explain student/teacher relationships and employer/employee relationships.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea but for the survey question, they said they want to know about the views of World Cup Football from the younger and older people... thats why I am just wondering if I mentioned how do I classify "young" and "old" would that be enough to score me a mark... (and also can I use random sampling?)
Lilyghz
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tamhugo)
Yea but for the survey question, they said they want to know about the views of World Cup Football from the younger and older people... thats why I am just wondering if I mentioned how do I classify "young" and "old" would that be enough to score me a mark... (and also can I use random sampling?)
I just said that I would approach teenagers and adults.. I didn't mention any specific ages. I went for opportunity sampling because I said I would ask people who have gathered at a common area to watch the matches..

It depends on how you justified your idea to use random sampling.. You should be fine as long as it makes sense. What did you say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
tamhugo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I just said that I would approach teenagers and adults.. I didn't mention any specific ages. I went for opportunity sampling because I said I would ask people who have gathered at a common area to watch the matches.. It depends on how you justified your idea to use random sampling.. You should be fine as long as it makes sense. What did you say? Posted from TSR Mobile
I said I used random sampling because everyone in the society would have an equal chance being chosen, so that this would lead to less bias when selecting participants...And I said something like, to operationalise the survey I would classify younger people as those who aged 40 or below, and older people who aged 40 above...I also said something like I used questionnaire, 10 open and closed question, did a pilot study with my friends, collecting data, giving them rights to withdraw, summarising data using graphs, drawing conclusions etc.Do you think I would get the mark as I talked "older and younger people", which is also mentioned in the question?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.37%
Note taking apps (6)
2.42%
Flashcards (49)
19.76%
Revision guides (15)
6.05%
Past papers (117)
47.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.23%

Watched Threads