OCR History B Modern World History May 16th + May 23rd Thread

Watch
WillWalker23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, nobody has started a thread, so I thought I would.

What do you think will come up?
For Paper 1, my teacher prepared a practice exam paper of things that could come up. http://1drv.ms/1mVibAH

For Paper 2, she altered one of the older ones:
http://1drv.ms/1mVihsa

I think Paper 2 will be Women and the Vote.
georgecarsley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am studying Nazi Germany from 1919-1939 is that the same as what you're doing? (i hope not!)
bitofageek
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do Britain 1939-75 for Paper 2. Seems like I'm the only one.
filopastry01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
On Friday ill be doing International Relations and Germany :/
Rubato
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yh ive heard Britain will be women. I'm doing cold war and the USA for international relations and I hate when they ask you why a source was published :/
malena123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bitofageek)
I do Britain 1939-75 for Paper 2. Seems like I'm the only one.
I do that one too I hope it's something on women or children - hopefully not immigration, it's been on four times now my teacher said and I think that's the most a topic has been on Paper 2.

Does anyone do Russia as their depth study for Paper 1 or Section C: A New World? (also for Paper 1)
becketts
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For paper two, I think either woman and the vote or the home front will come up. Hopefully, it's going to be women, as I don't like the home front topic much.
iWillWalker23
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by georgecarsley)
I am studying Nazi Germany from 1919-1939 is that the same as what you're doing? (i hope not!)
Yes I do inter war years and Nazi Germany. I did USA 1919 to 1945 for my coursework.
WillWalker23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
A Nazi Germany part-paper here if it helps: http://1drv.ms/1n1qprg
dordie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing Germany 1918-1939 + the Cold War (as international relations?) tomorrow, and hopefully Women and the Vote on the 23rd - all fingers crossed for that one! Have to say that history is the most painful subject for revision, in my opinion.
lunaa.lovegood
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dordie)
I'm doing Germany 1918-1939 + the Cold War (as international relations?) tomorrow, and hopefully Women and the Vote on the 23rd - all fingers crossed for that one! Have to say that history is the most painful subject for revision, in my opinion.
I'm doing the exact same (but we were told it's 1918-45 not 39)
Any ideas what will come up on the Cold War?
Flippant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
oh man i just realised i posted in the edexcel thread and not the ocr but w/e im here now. i wont delete the other post bc there was some fuss about aqa geography that i commented on too

im doing germany + the cold war too, we skipped like everything on the korean war so if that comes up i swear i will cry. i know like everything about cuba tho
username1306902
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Manexopi)
Yh ive heard Britain will be women. I'm doing cold war and the USA for international relations and I hate when they ask you why a source was published :/
Just state the purpose of the source, what the writer is trying to achieve, and explain some contextual knowledge possibly some evidence related to the source.
Rubato
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jarjarmonkey)
Just state the purpose of the source, what the writer is trying to achieve, and explain some contextual knowledge possibly some evidence related to the source.
Ok I'll try it thanks ^^
dordie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ilovemusic386)
I'm doing the exact same (but we were told it's 1918-45 not 39)
Any ideas what will come up on the Cold War?
Well there's always a question on the "start of the Cold War" i.e/ Yalta or Potsdam, Vietnam and the Cuban Missile Crisis - it just depends on which one is compulsory and which two you can choose between.

The Berlin Blockade's only been included once recently though, so I'm hoping that'll come up. :cool:
lunaa.lovegood
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dordie)
Well there's always a question on the "start of the Cold War" i.e/ Yalta or Potsdam, Vietnam and the Cuban Missile Crisis - it just depends on which one is compulsory and which two you can choose between.

The Berlin Blockade's only been included once recently though, so I'm hoping that'll come up. :cool:
I think I got the wrong message for the first source D: I won't say anything in case there are people yet to sit the paper.
What are the grade boundaries like?
becketts
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How did everyone find it?
Rubato
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did USA and cold war. What did everyone get for the source with Roosevelt and Uncle Sam?
lunaa.lovegood
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Manexopi)
I did USA and cold war. What did everyone get for the source with Roosevelt and Uncle Sam?
For the first q on Cold War what did you get?

I wrote he was torn between two policies: vietnamisation or surrender.
It's only on reflection I realised that was Nixon - we did nothing on Johnson.
Rubato
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ilovemusic386)
For the first q on Cold War what did you get?

I wrote he was torn between two policies: vietnamisation or surrender.
It's only on reflection I realised that was Nixon - we did nothing on Johnson.
Yeah Vietnamization was Nixon but surrendering to not look weak applies. I wrote how it shows how America were against the war and stuff and how because he is holding onto the horse one handed and about to be flung off, America were no match for Vietnams tactics and were losing the war. I don't remember the rest of what I wrote tho sorry. What optional question did you do and what reasons did you give for part b of vietnam?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (253)
47.03%
Take exams next summer (73)
13.57%
Change uni choice through clearing (116)
21.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (55)
10.22%
I'm not applying to university (41)
7.62%

Watched Threads