Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, nobody has started a thread, so I thought I would.

What do you think will come up?
    For Paper 1, my teacher prepared a practice exam paper of things that could come up. http://1drv.ms/1mVibAH

For Paper 2, she altered one of the older ones:
    http://1drv.ms/1mVihsa

I think Paper 2 will be Women and the Vote.

ReputationRep:
    I am studying Nazi Germany from 1919-1939 is that the same as what you're doing? (i hope not!)

ReputationRep:
    I do Britain 1939-75 for Paper 2. Seems like I'm the only one.

ReputationRep:
    On Friday ill be doing International Relations and Germany :/

ReputationRep:
    Yh ive heard Britain will be women. I'm doing cold war and the USA for international relations and I hate when they ask you why a source was published :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bitofageek)
    I do Britain 1939-75 for Paper 2. Seems like I'm the only one.
    I do that one too I hope it's something on women or children - hopefully not immigration, it's been on four times now my teacher said and I think that's the most a topic has been on Paper 2.

Does anyone do Russia as their depth study for Paper 1 or Section C: A New World? (also for Paper 1)

ReputationRep:
    For paper two, I think either woman and the vote or the home front will come up. Hopefully, it's going to be women, as I don't like the home front topic much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgecarsley)
    I am studying Nazi Germany from 1919-1939 is that the same as what you're doing? (i hope not!)
    Yes I do inter war years and Nazi Germany. I did USA 1919 to 1945 for my coursework.

ReputationRep:
    A Nazi Germany part-paper here if it helps: http://1drv.ms/1n1qprg

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Germany 1918-1939 + the Cold War (as international relations?) tomorrow, and hopefully Women and the Vote on the 23rd - all fingers crossed for that one! Have to say that history is the most painful subject for revision, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dordie)
    I'm doing Germany 1918-1939 + the Cold War (as international relations?) tomorrow, and hopefully Women and the Vote on the 23rd - all fingers crossed for that one! Have to say that history is the most painful subject for revision, in my opinion.
    I'm doing the exact same (but we were told it's 1918-45 not 39)
    Any ideas what will come up on the Cold War?

ReputationRep:
    oh man i just realised i posted in the edexcel thread and not the ocr but w/e im here now. i wont delete the other post bc there was some fuss about aqa geography that i commented on too

im doing germany + the cold war too, we skipped like everything on the korean war so if that comes up i swear i will cry. i know like everything about cuba tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    Yh ive heard Britain will be women. I'm doing cold war and the USA for international relations and I hate when they ask you why a source was published :/
    Just state the purpose of the source, what the writer is trying to achieve, and explain some contextual knowledge possibly some evidence related to the source.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarjarmonkey)
    Just state the purpose of the source, what the writer is trying to achieve, and explain some contextual knowledge possibly some evidence related to the source.
    Ok I'll try it thanks ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemusic386)
    I'm doing the exact same (but we were told it's 1918-45 not 39)
    Any ideas what will come up on the Cold War?
    Well there's always a question on the "start of the Cold War" i.e/ Yalta or Potsdam, Vietnam and the Cuban Missile Crisis - it just depends on which one is compulsory and which two you can choose between.

The Berlin Blockade's only been included once recently though, so I'm hoping that'll come up. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dordie)
    Well there's always a question on the "start of the Cold War" i.e/ Yalta or Potsdam, Vietnam and the Cuban Missile Crisis - it just depends on which one is compulsory and which two you can choose between.

The Berlin Blockade's only been included once recently though, so I'm hoping that'll come up. :cool:
    I think I got the wrong message for the first source D: I won't say anything in case there are people yet to sit the paper.
    What are the grade boundaries like?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    I did USA and cold war. What did everyone get for the source with Roosevelt and Uncle Sam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    I did USA and cold war. What did everyone get for the source with Roosevelt and Uncle Sam?
    For the first q on Cold War what did you get?

I wrote he was torn between two policies: vietnamisation or surrender.
    It's only on reflection I realised that was Nixon - we did nothing on Johnson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemusic386)
    For the first q on Cold War what did you get?

I wrote he was torn between two policies: vietnamisation or surrender.
    It's only on reflection I realised that was Nixon - we did nothing on Johnson.
    Yeah Vietnamization was Nixon but surrendering to not look weak applies. I wrote how it shows how America were against the war and stuff and how because he is holding onto the horse one handed and about to be flung off, America were no match for Vietnams tactics and were losing the war. I don't remember the rest of what I wrote tho sorry. What optional question did you do and what reasons did you give for part b of vietnam?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.