ForsakenStranger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Can anyone tell me anything important to revise. Currently struggling on Equations but I think I can manage. Any ideas what the 6 Mark question could be and if anyone else is taking the exam, I'm just curious as to how you guys will be revising and, currently, what are you revising in Chemistry?

Thanks,
-Anis Uddin
russw7250
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Titrations
Titration calculations
empirical formula
moles
making salts
SuperTeacher
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
According to the statistics on the past papers, there is a likely amount that electrolysis will come up, emperical formula, making salts and crystals, ionic bonding, covalent bonding (graphite, diamond, silicon dioxide)
demotivated
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SuperTeacher)
According to the statistics on the past papers, there is a likely amount that electrolysis will come up, emperical formula, making salts and crystals, ionic bonding, covalent bonding (graphite, diamond, silicon dioxide)
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't OP talking about unit 3?
Bonnie Leigh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SuperTeacher)
Ah thanks so much, is this for C2 so unit 2 chem right?
John10000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Make sure you sleep properly!! Easy marks on c2 and c3 with those reacting mass calculations, empirical formula, percentage yield and percentage mass, very easy to make a mistake if you're feeling tired
Eatstudysleep
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have 14 hours to revise something for C2 any ideas of the key topics to revise for that may come up in the exam?
corpeal
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd recommend to revise on the tests for positive and negative ions.
ZakMoon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eatstudysleep)
I have 14 hours to revise something for C2 any ideas of the key topics to revise for that may come up in the exam?
I think some of the hardest things are electrolysis and empirical formula (getting your head around the rule; it's a pain to remember)
tomhow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last year's C2 6 Mark question was explaining Titrations so I dont think it will be that. I'm thinking something to do with Giant Ionic Structures? Talking about how they could be useful? Also could be how Fullerenes are used?

Important things are definately moles, empirical formula.
John10000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tomhow)
Last year's C2 6 Mark question was explaining Titrations so I dont think it will be that. I'm thinking something to do with Giant Ionic Structures? Talking about how they could be useful? Also could be how Fullerenes are used?

Important things are definately moles, empirical formula.

I dont think it will be fullerenes, its quite a vague topic we have to be aware of, cant see it being a 6 mark question.

could be soluble salts, electrolysis or explaining particle collision theory for the different factors that affect the rate of reaction
tayloryeah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
omggggg easiest chemistry exam ever!
xpalmtreex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tayloryeah)
omggggg easiest chemistry exam ever!
Yeah, I thought C2 was really good this year! Definitely better than the Biology on Tuesday! Let's hope C3 goes well for the separate science people
tayloryeah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xpalmtreex)
Yeah, I thought C2 was really good this year! Definitely better than the Biology on Tuesday! Let's hope C3 goes well for the separate science people
Biology was easy tooo, yeah hope it goes good for them
demotivated
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If anyone did C3, do you think you'd get penalised for getting the energy diagram wrong (as a result of getting the calculation wrong)?
Kim Moffatt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought that exam was a lot easier than I anticipated! However, if everyone else found it really easy we need to pray that they don't make the grade boundaries too high!
xpalmtreex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kim Moffatt)
I thought that exam was a lot easier than I anticipated! However, if everyone else found it really easy we need to pray that they don't make the grade boundaries too high!
Yeah I guess that's the only bad thing about having a good exam! It shouldn't be more than 90% for an A* though right? Even that's still quite high though :/
Kim Moffatt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xpalmtreex)
Yeah I guess that's the only bad thing about having a good exam! It shouldn't be more than 90% for an A* though right? Even that's still quite high though :/

Yeah that's what I was thinking! But some people found it really hard so if it's mixed then the A* might be lower? I hope!
xpalmtreex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kim Moffatt)
Yeah that's what I was thinking! But some people found it really hard so if it's mixed then the A* might be lower? I hope!
Well only 3 months till we find out I suppose xD I think grade boundaries are released a little bit before results day right?
Dontpanic!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by demotivated)
If anyone did C3, do you think you'd get penalised for getting the energy diagram wrong (as a result of getting the calculation wrong)?
Don't worry. In marks schemes for questions like this there is usually a qualifier that says 'or correct diagram based on the answer for 1a' . Its like when they give marks for getting parts for calculations right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads