Any prediction for SOCIOLOGY AQA UNIT 1 on Thursday 15th May 2014?

Watch
officialcatface
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
anyone have any prediction on sociology aqa unit 1 on thursday??????
I need some help on summary notes! anyone has any summary notes that can tackle any questions that may come up! >_< Im too worried about demography and social policy parts, if they do come up as 24 markers
hamzahortiz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Demography is usually not that hard just revise stats and back them up by each sociologist... Social policies all you have to remember is functionalist favour the social policies and think the state is good for function Ronald fletcher to back it up... New right against it Charles Murray backs the new right.. Feminist against it Diana leanord backs them up and Marxist are obviously for social policies
officialcatface
Rep:
?
(Original post by hamzahortiz)
Demography is usually not that hard just revise stats and back them up by each sociologist... Social policies all you have to remember is functionalist favour the social policies and think the state is good for function Ronald fletcher to back it up... New right against it Charles Murray backs the new right.. Feminist against it Diana leanord backs them up and Marxist are obviously for social policies
Okay thanks ^^ Do you know if I need to remember ALOT of real social policies to talk about it? Or do I mainly need to know what each sociologist say about social polices
marie_123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would it be safe to leave out Marxists and functionalists?
marie_123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by officialcatface)
Okay thanks ^^ Do you know if I need to remember ALOT of real social policies to talk about it? Or do I mainly need to know what each sociologist say about social polices
Would it be safe to leave Marxism and functionalists?
itc6swa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My lecturer said social policy and demography could be a hot topic because it hasn't been up for a while!
officialcatface
Rep:
?
(Original post by itc6swa)
My lecturer said social policy and demography could be a hot topic because it hasn't been up for a while!
thats what im most afraid of! ugh, guess have to do many revision on the two topic i suck at the most

anyone can give me good notes on it? that can tackle any social policies or demography questions ><
AyeshaAK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My teacher predicted that childhood may come up as an essay question.. hmm
elf1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If childhood comes up I will be sooooo happy! I find demography really hard to do essays on because there's no researchers, you just gotta remember statistics And my teacher rushed through social policy and family diversity so hope it doesn't come up!! How is everyone revising??
AyeshaAK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elf1)
If childhood comes up I will be sooooo happy! I find demography really hard to do essays on because there's no researchers, you just gotta remember statistics And my teacher rushed through social policy and family diversity so hope it doesn't come up!! How is everyone revising??
My head of department teacher of sociology is doing a monster revision session from 4 pm to 6 pm so im gonna go there and check it out! It will help a lot and I will be studying with a 2 friends so we can ask each other abou things! My teacher has given us notes to use for revision (simplified ones)
DeanGeddis
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Please like and share this page so we can raise awareness and get media attention! The grade boundaries must be lowered! https://www.facebook.com/awfulsociologypaper?fref=ts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads