B16LBW
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Are there any car hire companies that rent cars to 17 year olds? I am needing one to drive down for some university open days for a few days, it may be cheaper for me and my friends to hire a car opposed to paying extortionate prices for train tickets. Any help and responses are greatly appreciated.
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Avis will rent you a car when you're 17. The catch is that you have to have held your license for at least 3 years. Interesting policy there.

Even if you can find somewhere to rent a car (which I doubt tbh), it's likely to cost so much by the time you've paid the young driver surcharge that you may as well get the train anyway.
LevelTV
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
bump
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LevelTV)
bump
Hi, this thread is a year old now so might be worth making a new one to get a reply?
LevelTV
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Queen Cersei)
Hi, this thread is a year old now so might be worth making a new one to get a reply?
I don't like wasting bandwidth it goes against my ideology
Pollyanna1998
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmmm. Me and my friends are thinking of carpooling, is there no way a parent could make the trip? I.e you go with A's parent to one university, then B and them C.

But if this isn't possible for you... Tbh idek how its going to go for me, I may have to resort to just looking online

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise