This discussion is closed.
horrorboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i want to go out to clubs and stuff since im 18 but im a bit of a loner and none of my friends do that sort of thing. Im not really close friends wiv any1 who goes out to night clubs etc except one friend but he has his own m8's who he goes wiv and besides were only friends at college. I live in a town where there are plenty of pubs and im embarrased when ppl ask me do i go out regular as i can only say no and think to myself its bcoz ive no friends who go out.
I really want to go out but i cant exactly turn up at a club on my own where ppl will recognize me lol. I keep thinking im missing a lot and at 18 i shud be doing this sort of thing and even my parents call me boring.
any advice on wot i shud do :confused:
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
i want to go out to clubs and stuff since im 18 but im a bit of a loner and none of my friends do that sort of thing. Im not really close friends wiv any1 who goes out to night clubs etc except one friend but he has his own m8's who he goes wiv and besides were only friends at college. I live in a town where there are plenty of pubs and im embarrased when ppl ask me do i go out regular as i can only say no and think to myself its bcoz ive no friends who go out.
I really want to go out but i cant exactly turn up at a club on my own where ppl will recognize me lol. I keep thinking im missing a lot and at 18 i shud be doing this sort of thing and even my parents call me boring.
any advice on wot i shud do :confused:

I'm sure that if you just go to a club you will know someone - you said so yourself. In clubs people are always friendly and outgoing so you won't have any problem talking to people. Why don't you ask yoiur friend to meet his other mates? or just get out there and make new friends, join a club or hobby - communicate with other people even if they are older than you..
Well, hope it helped
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well there are other things do other than go to night clubs it dosn;t make you sad that you don't go to one.

I know exactly how you feel though I never used to start going till I was 19/20. I've not been clubbing for 3.5 weeks now and I miss it so badly its partly what is causing my depressive moods I just enjoy it so much.

There is nothing like dancing This Charming Man at 2:00am in the morning.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
I'm sure that if you just go to a club you will know someone - you said so yourself. In clubs people are always friendly and outgoing so you won't have any problem talking to people. Why don't you ask yoiur friend to meet his other mates? or just get out there and make new friends, join a club or hobby - communicate with other people even if they are older than you..
Well, hope it helped
Ites easier said than done, trust me.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Well there are other things do other than go to night clubs it dosn;t make you sad that you don't go to one.

I know exactly how you feel though I never used to start going till I was 19/20. I've not been clubbing for 3.5 weeks now and I miss it so badly its partly what is causing my depressive moods I just enjoy it so much.

There is nothing like dancing This Charming Man at 2:00am in the morning.
I cant' wait till i start dancing all night witha gorup of mates!!!! Do you startat just normal pubs then work your way round till the clubs.

To the first post: Just go to pubs if your not keen on going to clubs
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ites easier said than done, trust me.
I guess its just a matter of how confident you are in public really. I don't mind seeing people i know and just catching up whereas other people after you haven't seen someone for about a moth your not mates anymore..

I think its nice in clubs to just chat to strangers anyway
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I cant' wait till i start dancing all night witha gorup of mates!!!! Do you startat just normal pubs then work your way round till the clubs.

Yeah we tend to go to Bars near me as its in a 'poshesh' area so the bars are realyl relaxing and there is never any trouble. We then get the bus into the city centre and go to the student clubs.
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
thanx i cant bring myself to ask my m8 if i can go wiv them as there all part of like a football club and have their own life if u know wot i mean and id feel like im intruding. im not sure why but he's neva invited me to go out wiv them
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah we tend to go to Bars near me as its in a 'poshesh' area so the bars are realyl relaxing and there is never any trouble. We then get the bus into the city centre and go to the student clubs.
I'd love to live in a really lively city like manchester where all the clubs are realy good - bet you lot have a whale of a time!! ha
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Clubbings overrated anyway. I wake up the next morning with a blinding headache...my wallet feels £20 lighter...then I remember all the stupid things I said the night before.

But why oh why do I go out and do it all again next week?!?!

I'm assuming amazingtrade goes to Fifth Ave if he has danced to Charming Man at 2am!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Err, you start at wherever you can get into and then ATTEMPT to get into some bars/clubs that are half decent.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
thanx i cant bring myself to ask my m8 if i can go wiv them as there all part of like a football club and have their own life if u know wot i mean and id feel like im intruding. im not sure why but he's neva invited me to go out wiv them
Yeah you don't want to loose all credibility like I have. I have got a reputation as a local party animal that nobody invites out. Inother words people ask me to come out when say yes they started making excuses. I always just say no now unless its my best mate but even he pulls out on me a lot.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Orr i feel really sorry for you, i'd probaly go to a club wi ya If thats makes you feel any better. I guess he hasn't invited you out with them as you said they are all apart of a footy team, or he might be keeping a sercret from you
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd love to live in a really lively city like manchester where all the clubs are realy good - bet you lot have a whale of a time!! ha
Monday night - I should be in loaf (Manchester) getting plastered on Double Vodka Redbull at 99p a go.
Big P
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Only another few months and youll be at uni. Youll be able to meet loads of people that do wanna go out and there will be no hassle about ID cards and proving youre 18!

How much have you missed out? Youre only 18 .. im sure there are loads who are in the same situation as you..and anyway as i said youll be able to catch up at uni!
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Clubbings overrated anyway. I wake up the next morning with a blinding headache...my wallet feels £20 lighter...then I remember all the stupid things I said the night before.

I'm assuming amazingtrade goes to Fifth Ave if he has danced to Charming Man at 2am!
£20 lighter? I wish.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)

How did you guess? Yep I am 5th ave freek, I even know the bouncers names now. It has its many faults but its my favourite club by far, its the only place I can relax in. Its actually 5th Ave that got me into The Smiths and also made me like Joy Division more.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Where are you from? Maybe we could hook you up with someone ! hehe
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Err, you start at wherever you can get into and then ATTEMPT to get into some bars/clubs that are half decent.
lol - are you under age or something??
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The problem it is feels like the rest of the city is partying while your on an internet forum. So in some ways its not so good.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads