This discussion is closed.
Tribi18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Monday night - I should be in loaf (Manchester) getting plastered on Double Vodka Redbull at 99p a go.
Thats well cheap!!! I wana go i wana go!!
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The problem it is feels like the rest of the city is partying while your on an internet forum. So in some ways its not so good.
well get ya sen out there with the rest of the party animals!!
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
Thats well cheap!!! I wana go i wana go!!
Me2 Me2! dam this being at home for easter. I can't afford to go out at home either i'm completely broke.
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Only another few months and youll be at uni. Youll be able to meet loads of people that do wanna go out and there will be no hassle about ID cards and proving youre 18!

How much have you missed out? Youre only 18 .. im sure there are loads who are in the same situation as you..and anyway as i said youll be able to catch up at uni!

yea suppose so but the problem is im going to be living at home during uni. is it hard to make friends in this case?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well get ya sen out there with the rest of the party animals!!
I got invited to a foam party yesterday I said I would go, then he made excuses and never got back to me.

My cousin asked if I wanted to go out next week I said yes, then he didn't look so keen, I asked if he was sure if it was ok if I went he just nodded very blankly and never mentioned it since.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
Only another few months and youll be at uni. Youll be able to meet loads of people that do wanna go out and there will be no hassle about ID cards and proving youre 18!

How much have you missed out? Youre only 18 .. im sure there are loads who are in the same situation as you..and anyway as i said youll be able to catch up at uni!

yea suppose so but the problem is im going to be living at home during uni. is it hard to make friends in this case?
This is more one for another thread as there are too many on this I want to reply too! But yes its harder to make friends, my life is certainly not typical studen parties. In fact I've enver been to a house party in my life.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Do you live far from uni? WHich uni? People could stay over at yours and vice versa if it's a long way away.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Me2 Me2! dam this being at home for easter. I can't afford to go out at home either i'm completely broke.
lol, sure you can make up for what youve missed out next week
Big P
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Horror boy, which uni are u going to to and how far is it from where you live. If you live at home, i think it would be less fun than if you were in a hall. It will definately be harder to make close friends as youll only see them for a short time.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, sure you can make up for what youve missed out next week
Definately, and i'll have my new loan installment.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
In fact I've enver been to a house party in my life.
Really? Orr dam, i was looking forward the 'american pie' like house parties!! hehe
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i want to go out to clubs and stuff since im 18 but im a bit of a loner and none of my friends do that sort of thing. Im not really close friends wiv any1 who goes out to night clubs etc except one friend but he has his own m8's who he goes wiv and besides were only friends at college. I live in a town where there are plenty of pubs and im embarrased when ppl ask me do i go out regular as i can only say no and think to myself its bcoz ive no friends who go out.
I really want to go out but i cant exactly turn up at a club on my own where ppl will recognize me lol. I keep thinking im missing a lot and at 18 i shud be doing this sort of thing and even my parents call me boring.
any advice on wot i shud do :confused:
Once I went to a party cause of one single girl, about 200 people came, and the only person I knew was that girl! So I rang up my mate to come down at 2 in the morning, up until then I felt like a ****, although I did spend a lot of time with that particular girl.
horrorboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by blissy)
Do you live far from uni? WHich uni? People could stay over at yours and vice versa if it's a long way away.
its about 45 minutes away on the bus (30 mins in a car) ive applied late to uni and was thinking of living at uni but i think its harder to get accomadation when applying late. Also i wont know any1 lol
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Once I went to a party cause of one single girl, about 200 people came, and the only person I knew was that girl! So I rang up my mate to come down at 2 in the morning, up until then I felt like a ****, although I did spend a lot of time with that particular girl.
Didn't you talk to any of the other 199 people while youw ere there at all - great chance to meet new people no?
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
its about 45 minutes away on the bus (30 mins in a car) ive applied late to uni and was thinking of living at uni but i think its harder to get accomadation when applying late. Also i wont know any1 lol
Sounds like we live in the same town!
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
U'll definatly make new friends at uni - u really won't need to worrya bout that!!! There's sooo many people there with all different werid and wonderful appearances/attitudes
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know it might be a bit sad, but have you tried checking the dating section of your local paper, they have 'just friends' sections... somebody may be looking for company for a night out or something.

Hope you get to go out, I had some fantastic times when I was younger... funny though how it became quite boring once I had reached the legal drinking age!!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Didn't you talk to any of the other 199 people while youw ere there at all - great chance to meet new people no?
Kinda, but they weren't my type of people, plus there where some language barriers. Anyway, things improved a lot once we went to the afterparty where there were only a handful of people.
Big P
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Horror boy ... if you live that far away from uni, it would definately be a disadvantage. I would def recommend to get accomodation close to the uni. At uni, no one knows anyone alse so itll be easy to make freinds and that should not be a factor in decieding to stay at home. Ring up the accom office, theyll tell u. Make sure staying in uni accom is a priority!
horrorboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Big P)
Horror boy ... if you live that far away from uni, it would definately be a disadvantage. I would def recommend to get accomodation close to the uni. At uni, no one knows anyone alse so itll be easy to make freinds and that should not be a factor in decieding to stay at home. Ring up the accom office, theyll tell u. Make sure staying in uni accom is a priority!
yea i was thinking of moving into accomadation coz its easier to make friends etc but id have to quit the sports club i attend - athletics in case ure wondering lol.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (111)
33.64%
No I don't (155)
46.97%
I work during the holidays (64)
19.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise