This discussion is closed.
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Big P)
Horror boy ... if you live that far away from uni, it would definately be a disadvantage. I would def recommend to get accomodation close to the uni. At uni, no one knows anyone alse so itll be easy to make freinds and that should not be a factor in decieding to stay at home. Ring up the accom office, theyll tell u. Make sure staying in uni accom is a priority!
I live about half an hours drive fron Uni and it has never been a problem. The campus is the middle of the countryside and I live in the nearest big city (Nottm). Whenever we have a night out ppl crash at mine, good job my mum doesnt mind...
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
I live about half an hours drive fron Uni and it has never been a problem. The campus is the middle of the countryside and I live in the nearest big city (Nottm). Whenever we have a night out ppl crash at mine, good job my mum doesnt mind...
my mum is getting used to people stayin at mine... feels like every weekend there's at least 1 or 2 extras (i have 2 brothers as well, so their mates come round) and even if no1 stays we sometimes jus come back for a few drinkies (danm the taxi firm who did callback at 4am last week)

lou xxx
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My mate stays at my house about twice a month its an icentive to get him to come out, he won't have to pay for a taxi.

When he gets his car he will probably come down more often
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
my mum is getting used to people stayin at mine... feels like every weekend there's at least 1 or 2 extras (i have 2 brothers as well, so their mates come round) and even if no1 stays we sometimes jus come back for a few drinkies (danm the taxi firm who did callback at 4am last week)

lou xxx
and she doesn't mind?

ur mum must be a goddess!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
and she doesn't mind?

ur mum must be a goddess!
sometimes she doesn't know (ie. i will tell her the next day 'oh btw laura, adam + bernie all came round last night'... my friends are all good. lol. and we have a big enough house so that it doesn't really matter if a few extra people are here. and she's used to my bf staying late.

but yes, she is an angel. if she knows a friend is coming we will get home to find a mattress from the caravan on the floor with sleeping bag and pillow and towel etc. so much less hassle when drunk...

lou xxx
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
sometimes she doesn't know (ie. i will tell her the next day 'oh btw laura, adam + bernie all came round last night'... my friends are all good. lol. and we have a big enough house so that it doesn't really matter if a few extra people are here. and she's used to my bf staying late.

but yes, she is an angel. if she knows a friend is coming we will get home to find a mattress from the caravan on the floor with sleeping bag and pillow and towel etc. so much less hassle when drunk...

lou xxx
wow........
that's so nice of her! lucky you!

my mum would want a full background check on people coming over... ie she wants to have met their parents, to make sure they're the right sort
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
wow........
that's so nice of her! lucky you!

my mum would want a full background check on people coming over... ie she wants to have met their parents, to make sure they're the right sort
she knows most of my friends quite well she's met them so often. she's excellent at the breakfast routine (right down to the cups of tea in bed)

lou xxx
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
she knows most of my friends quite well she's met them so often. she's excellent at the breakfast routine (right down to the cups of tea in bed)

lou xxx
you're making me jealous! cups of tea in bed.... you've been leading a spoilt life! my mum does do really nice breakfasts when ppl come round as well which i suppose is a good thing

i bet ur mum helps you out with buying/choosing shoes as well
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
you're making me jealous! cups of tea in bed.... you've been leading a spoilt life! my mum does do really nice breakfasts when ppl come round as well which i suppose is a good thing

i bet ur mum helps you out with buying/choosing shoes as well
she even pays...

lou xxx
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
she even pays...

lou xxx
I guess youll be in for a shock when you get to uni then..
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
she even pays...

lou xxx
aww. is there anything she doesn't do for you then?
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
yeah, you realise that buying shoes cause a large deficit in one's bank balance

looking at that avatar, i thought i'd managed to post subconsciously without knowing anything about it!
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[QUOTE=Tribi18]In clubs people are always friendly and outgoing so you won't have any problem talking to people.[QUOTE]

Yes , where I come from they are so friendly that they even try to ram their fist down your throat and aquaint the underside of their shoe with your head.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
i'll tell you about my 2 jobs that i'm currently juggling shall i? she doens't pay for everything you know and i do earn most of my own money. and i'm not particularly concerned about my financial circumstances at uni.

lou xxx
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'll tell you about my 2 jobs that i'm currently juggling shall i? she doens't pay for everything you know and i do earn most of my own money. and i'm not particularly concerned about my financial circumstances at uni.

lou xxx
poor lou, she works so hard ... she deserves breakfast in bed sometimes
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
poor lou, she works so hard ... she deserves breakfast in bed sometimes
exactly! and it's only a cup of tea.

lou xxx
chidori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
i want to go out to clubs and stuff since im 18 but im a bit of a loner and none of my friends do that sort of thing. Im not really close friends wiv any1 who goes out to night clubs etc except one friend but he has his own m8's who he goes wiv and besides were only friends at college. I live in a town where there are plenty of pubs and im embarrased when ppl ask me do i go out regular as i can only say no and think to myself its bcoz ive no friends who go out.
I really want to go out but i cant exactly turn up at a club on my own where ppl will recognize me lol. I keep thinking im missing a lot and at 18 i shud be doing this sort of thing and even my parents call me boring.
any advice on wot i shud do :confused:
No need to worry. I'm 18 and have never been to a 'party' or nightclub before. I'm not really that bothered to be honest. When I think of 'clubbing', I think of drugs, drunkness and sluts. Just because you're 18 doesn't mean you have to do these sorts of things.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
i want to go out to clubs and stuff since im 18 but im a bit of a loner and none of my friends do that sort of thing. Im not really close friends wiv any1 who goes out to night clubs etc except one friend but he has his own m8's who he goes wiv and besides were only friends at college. I live in a town where there are plenty of pubs and im embarrased when ppl ask me do i go out regular as i can only say no and think to myself its bcoz ive no friends who go out.
I really want to go out but i cant exactly turn up at a club on my own where ppl will recognize me lol. I keep thinking im missing a lot and at 18 i shud be doing this sort of thing and even my parents call me boring.
any advice on wot i shud do :confused:
Bad attitude! If you'll take my advise you really shouldn't be relying on backup from your buddies before you do something.

When I was not much older than you I was travelling all over Europe (east and west) on foot/hitching/trains on my own. If I'd waited for a friend to pluck up the courage to leave the port of Dover I'd still be waiting.

So, if you want to go nightclubbing on your own then do it. You'll be surprized to learn that you can pull birds without a crowd of buddies to back you up!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (208)
49.17%
No (48)
11.35%
I'm not old enough (167)
39.48%

Watched Threads