The Student Room Group

game of thrones' reputation muddied | should have known. mods, move this to society

i enjoyed game of thrones: i used to theorise about vaerys' end game with my buddies for hours; I harboured a greatet longing for catelyn starkr; i dared to ship daenerys and jonas' forbidden love; i liked pretending to be sansa, whose muted agony made me shed real ****ing tears, as I sang along mournfully to the rains of castamere...

now i see these bloody selfie, instagram, TGIF, stretch skinny chino losers on twitter saying stuff like 'game of thrones is sick ffs... denairees (SIC) would get it ..nah, varys is a battyboy i dont care lol' etc i hate it so much that all of the idiots of the world have invaded my universe and are raping and pillaging and flaying all that i held dear. they are actually idiots and i dont know how they can even attempt to understand all of the subtleties of the programme. i am beginning to hate myself for loving something with such mainstream appeal and i seriously dont even know what to do. game of thrones was a really important part of my life and i dont think that theres anything that can replace it. my true understanding of the show will go unnoticed now, ill just be one of the dull masses that enjoy some christ damn prime time sky programme.

i know that there are some true fans of got on this site -- share in my misery, please.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
How hipster can you get? If you don't like that so many people are watching the TV series then become a books-only fan or something. Idk why you would get so worked up about this :L
Reply 2
I stopped watching when the news broke that Emilia Clarke wouldn't be getting naked anymore.
Whilst I empathise to an extent, you are being ridiculously hipster. So what if the dull masses enjoy the same show/story as you? I like that Game of Thrones has reached a wider audience, it means I can discuss it with more people and enjoy it with them.
Reply 4
Don't think that you're a G, just cos you shop in JD.
Never seen it, proabably never will. Looks boring to me, I don't like fantasy stuff.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger

Spoiler

why
Reply 7
I know how you feel OP. It's slightly annoying but I guess that's what happens whenever something gets popular.

Original post by + polarity -

why

The books have been out for years mate, the show is deviating from them a bit so perhaps something different might happen.
Original post by arkhamz
The books have been out for years mate, the show is deviating from them a bit so perhaps something different might happen.

How is that a satisfactory justification

why

Sorry man haha. Kinda thought this thread would be closed before long, not exactly an assurance I know but still. The show HAS changed a lot though. A lot of characters are missing too.
Reply 10
It annoys me how extremely overrated Game of Thrones is. So overrated. It's just another trashy run of the mill show. I can't for the life of me understand why people like it so much. I haven't even been bothered to start watching the new season, I'm not excited by it at all, never even looked forward to this season after I finished watching the previous season. I'll probably watch it at some stage when my boredom reaches peak intensity. Such an overrated show though, it's just trashy and full of filler episodes. That's the reality.
bear™ does not watch this "TV". he has purchased the book but it is not exactly gripping.
How is that a satisfactory justification

he's banned now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending