What are your parents attitudes to sex?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Mine are religious so it was always no sex before marriage. Every time I had a boyfriend Id hold back because I'd think of them and feel guilty. What about you guys?
joker12345
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Save it for someone special, wait till you're older and find the person you'll stay with sort of thing. Not unreasonable IMO
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Mine are religious so it was always no sex before marriage. Every time I had a boyfriend Id hold back because I'd think of them and feel guilty. What about you guys?
My mam let me and my girlfriend sleep in the same bed after being together 6 weeks (we were both 17 going on 18?) and we were together 3 years. And guess what? I am NOT a dad!

They show trust and respect and they get it back. If your parents try to stop you, your most likely gonna try anyway.
Okkefac
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't let your parents dictate your sex life, if you want to have sex or mess about, do it! (and of course remember protection ;3)

My parents are religious so don't care about before marriage/after marriage whatever, they just fuss massively that when I do start having sex I have to use protection.

IMO sex before marriage is a good thing, you should know if you and your partner are sexually compatible, but each to their own as long as the couple is happy.
Ornlu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm Asian.
Melon girl
  • Study Helper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Twinport53)
My mam let me and my girlfriend sleep in the same bed after being together 6 weeks (we were both 17 going on 18?) and we were together 3 years. And guess what? I am NOT a dad!

They show trust and respect and they get it back. If your parents try to stop you, your most likely gonna try anyway.
Not really, me and my boyfriend have been together for four years and we both agree that we will save sex until the day we are married, there's nothing to look forward to if you've done it all before.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Melon girl)
Not really, me and my boyfriend have been together for four years and we both agree that we will save sex until the day we are married, there's nothing to look forward to if you've done it all before.
Ok, you carry on just cuddling. And then when you get down too it and its terrible, what are you going to do then? Divorce?
Melon girl
  • Study Helper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok, you carry on just cuddling. And then when you get down too it and its terrible, what are you going to do then? Divorce?
Why would we divorce over sex? You must be very shallow.
Peeta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm asexual, so my parents don't really bother about it with me. My dad cheats on my mum, so he can't exactly tell any of us what to do to be honest aaand all of my other siblings are over eighteen. My dad honestly doesn't care about anything we do, and my mother's never really shown concern in that spectrum towards my siblings (even when my sister fell pregnant at sixteen, lol). So yeah, I think my parents are pretty cool with whatever.
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dad doesn't want to know, which is fair enough, and my mum just told me to be discerning. And also said that just because it was legal doesn't mean it's compulsory. My mum has many wise life lessons.
Steinweg
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My parents are very Game of Thrones about it all.
ironandbeer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sex isn't as basic as that..pretty fundamental in a good relationship not really about shallowness.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because intimacy is a crucial part of a relationship. If you can not be sexually satisfied by your partner, your relationship will never be totally fulfilled.

Don't call me shallow because your not practical.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do you honestly believe that? Like you never look forward to a delicious meal if you've eaten that food before? Sex with someone you love is ****ing awesome, trust me, you look forward to it even after countless times.

Basically, non-disclosed. We have a very British attitude where we don't really talk about such things. When I've had girlfriends round it hasn't been a problem, but that wasn't till I was nineteen anyway.

Because intimacy is a crucial part of a relationship. If you can not be sexually satisfied by your partner, your relationship will never be totally fulfilled.

Don't call me shallow because your not practical.
I think if you're really attracted to each other, in love and are considerate lovers, you'll have good sex. It isn't that hard to do. I don't see any reason anyone couldn't sexually satisfy someone who finds them very attractive, under normal circumstances.
MrsMars
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ornlu)
I'm Asian.
Point taken :yep:
Tai Ga
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I'm ready (i.e. When I meet "The One")
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ironandbeer)
Sex isn't as basic as that..pretty fundamental in a good relationship not really about shallowness.
Exactly :grin:
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't actually know, I've avoided the subject to be fair, being religious they might want me to wait until I'm married or until I'm in a monogamous relationship but I don't really know
username1337098
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Extremely open and accepting. I'm a discerning and sensible person by nature, so she's never had cause to worry or warn me about anything. The few times it did come up it was only ever been about emphasising the importance of "when I'm ready" and being with someone I care about.

Which is possibly why I'm one of the few girls from high school who didn't end up either pregnant or going completely off the rails when I got to university.
OMGWTFBBQ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Just for God's sake don't get anybody pregnant."

Yeah thanks, Dad. I'll try to bear that in mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (164)
43.97%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (79)
21.18%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (35)
9.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.9%

Watched Threads