Younger Brother has a GCSE History question he'd like to ask. (Medicine through Time) Watch

Princess Kawaii
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, Princess Kawaii's younger brother here and I'm going to be taking my GCSE History - Medicine through Time paper this Friday.

I've gone through past papers and decided that I will be tackling Q5 rather than Q6 since I know far more about ancient doctors, medicine, and public health than the later years and so here's the little problem I have. They've worded this question (from JAN 13) a little weirdly and so I don't know if I know how to answer it...

--- How much did medical training change from the Roman period until c1350?---

Can one of you guys help me out a little here? Give me a few pointers on how to answer it and such?

Thanks a lot!
Princess Kawaii
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone?
AfiyahNadeem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should talk about the training of doctors from Roman period to middle ages, in a nutshell.

For example, in the Roman period there was no organisation for doctors to set up their own businesses, yet in the middle ages (13th century) towns would allow practice's if the doctor could prove their years of education.

In terms of structure, part a should have 3 solid and well explained paragraphs to get around 9 marks
For part b, aim to write around between 4-5 paragraphs that are well developed and explained in detail. If you have time include a conclusion

Any more questions?! Don't hesitate to ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.29%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.89%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.07%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.51%
No (255)
71.23%

Watched Threads