Gcse aqa geography Watch

wannabe medic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
was I the only one who didn't put two theories down for the way fold mountains are formed?
how do you define a beach?
did anyone else forget to put about wave cut plat-forms in the cliff collapse part?
I finished 30 mins early and I don't think the examiner will be able to read my writing?
hannb98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wannabe medic)
was I the only one who didn't put two theories down for the way fold mountains are formed?
how do you define a beach?
did anyone else forget to put about wave cut plat-forms in the cliff collapse part?
I finished 30 mins early and I don't think the examiner will be able to read my writing?
For the 'what are fold mountains' I wrote something along the lines of that they have anticlines and synclines and had valley (not sure if at all relevant to the q) and that they were formed on collision and destructive margins - not sure if anything will get any credit!

For the 'how is a beach formed' i basically said constructive waves, weak backwash, strong swash, material and the bottom of the beach is finer because of attrition, again not sure if i was answering with the right kind of stuff!
and for cliff collapse i just wrote about materials like clay which erode easily and freeze thaw shattering???? no ideaaa lol

dont worry about the handwriting thing theyre probably used to it, plus they'll definately make an effort to try and make sense of it! but how did you finish with thirty minutes to spare! i was writing up to 3 seconds before the time was up !!!
wannabe medic
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannb98)
For the 'what are fold mountains' I wrote something along the lines of that they have anticlines and synclines and had valley (not sure if at all relevant to the q) and that they were formed on collision and destructive margins - not sure if anything will get any credit!

For the 'how is a beach formed' i basically said constructive waves, weak backwash, strong swash, material and the bottom of the beach is finer because of attrition, again not sure if i was answering with the right kind of stuff!
and for cliff collapse i just wrote about materials like clay which erode easily and freeze thaw shattering???? no ideaaa lol

dont worry about the handwriting thing theyre probably used to it, plus they'll definately make an effort to try and make sense of it! but how did you finish with thirty minutes to spare! i was writing up to 3 seconds before the time was up !!!
i REALLY REALLY rushed through the paper and my teacher taught me a different way fold mountains were formed
I've just looked at a past paper AND IN THE MARK SCHEME it says about synclines and antisynclines and subduction zones
but my teacher taught me that two continental plates collide and buckle upwards - this was not on the mark scheme at all!!! - I didn't mention anything about synclines and antisynclines or a geosyncline or that sediment was deposited
I am worried that the grade boundaries are going to be high because it wasn't a paper with lots of case studies and my school normally gets 100% a stars because we learn all the case studies and only 2 came up!!!
Manexopi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I'm with a different exam board but we were aught mountains the same way you are so twy should accept it as it's correct
hannb98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wannabe medic)
i REALLY REALLY rushed through the paper and my teacher taught me a different way fold mountains were formed
I've just looked at a past paper AND IN THE MARK SCHEME it says about synclines and antisynclines and subduction zones
but my teacher taught me that two continental plates collide and buckle upwards - this was not on the mark scheme at all!!! - I didn't mention anything about synclines and antisynclines or a geosyncline or that sediment was deposited
I am worried that the grade boundaries are going to be high because it wasn't a paper with lots of case studies and my school normally gets 100% a stars because we learn all the case studies and only 2 came up!!!
hopefully i'll get some marks then!! i was taught about the 2 continental plates aswell, but i was also taught about the subducting one although i didnt describe their formation at all i just said the plate margin?
Really, I would have thought that they would be low since looking through TSR everybody seems to have found it quite tricky. But yeah, im worried because this was my only a* predicted subject and im not gonna get it now:/
Bassoons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've just realized I did the destructive margin question wrong in the paper.. was the diagram that we had to draw in restless earth about subduction zones or fold mountains and continental plates???
hannb98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bassoons)
I've just realized I did the destructive margin question wrong in the paper.. was the diagram that we had to draw in restless earth about subduction zones or fold mountains and continental plates???
the diagram was about why earthquakes wasnt it? on a destructive margin?
wannabe medic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bassoons)
it was the nazca subducting under the south american plate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (67)
15.8%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (43)
10.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (80)
18.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.39%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.85%
How can I be the best version of myself? (127)
29.95%

Watched Threads