14th may GCSE sociology unit 1

Watch this thread
Kirankhalsa
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
How did everyone find the sociology unit 1 paper??
staticas
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
If you're referring to the AQA one, I found it really easy other than the how grandparents can help the family or something - I realise afterwards that childcare was the obvious answer but I said something about knowledge and experience. Luckily I finished it all too but in the 12 markers I only referred to 1 of my own ideas rather than 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studygeek16
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I did the AQA one too and I found it really easy too!
But I don't think I included enough points in the divorce 12 mark question- the last one in Family. I think I included enough points for agree but not the disagree side
AfiyahNadeem
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I was actually really happy with the exam in general, but I always expect the exams for this year to be harder than the exams for previous years
Surprised ethical issues didn't come up :confused:
ericacookies
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I did the WJEC exam and it killed me a little bit on the inside
ScarletXxXRose
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
i really liked this paper
it went better than the other aqa exams i've done this week (biology and geography)

there were no trick question and everything was quite obvious
i was smiling at some of the questions that have come up in previous exams
thatcrazygirl
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Do you think there will be really low grade boundaries, because everyone found it easy?
sophannahxo
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thatcrazygirl)
Do you think there will be really low grade boundaries, because everyone found it easy?
If people found the exam easy, it would normally mean that the exam was easier so the grade boundaries will be higher!!
Lauren1610
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Is this a different paper to what I am doing tomorrow? It's families and households
itishannah
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I overall found the exam easy apart from the one question in education about how schools/governments could encourage girls to take physics??? The wording of the question really threw me and I only left myself 2 minutes at the end to write the answer!
Also I completely messed up the timing, I wrote the families 12 marker in 3 minutes...
JAllard
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Great to see that I appear to be the only one that failed

I found the paper virtually impossible - one of the hardest I've ever done for Sociology.

My Yr.10 mock was an A grade; then A* in Yr.11 - but after my performance in this one, I'd be surprised if I even get a B. Everyone is saying that they found it easy ?!?!

Is it possible I just feel like I did worse than I actually did?
Ezgi_18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I loved that paper! It was like so easy, i got a bit mixed up on the 4 marker for family diversity but made up an answer which appeared to be right! Hope all our results r successful

Posted from TSR Mobile
itishannah
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ezgi_18)
I loved that paper! It was like so easy, i got a bit mixed up on the 4 marker for family diversity but made up an answer which appeared to be right! Hope all our results r successful

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the 4 marker question again?
azilani191
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The grade boundaries will probably be VERY high this year considering most people found it easy
Kirankhalsa
Rep:
How many pages would you recommend for a 12 marker?
Kirankhalsa
Rep:
(Original post by azilani191)
The grade boundaries will probably be VERY high this year considering most people found it easy
What do u think they'll be for an a/ a* ??
Ezgi_18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by itishannah)
What was the 4 marker question again?
It was about defining what family diversity was.

I put where there are many different types of families within society. E.g that there is now more reconstituted and lone parent families due to the increase in divorce rates (not sure about the explanation thou)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads