The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Psychology - UNIT 2

Any predictions of what will come up? Exam is on the 20th of May!!

This the Psychodynamic, Biological and Learning paper! :smile:

predictions????
I did this exam last year and i remember like 50%.
the biological practical (probably/hopefully) won't come up nor the psychodynamic key issue - because they did last time, the two things i really didn't know

well here's to hoping they don't!

what 12 mark question would be good?
Reply 2
Biological key issue as 12 marker for unit 2
I think the learning key issue will come up rather than the biological since that's come up before and I don't believe learning one has. Hoping we get the biological studies since I can't deal with the psychodynamic or little Albert! Qualitative results are harder to remember and at least money is quite basic, and the procedure and results are separate :smile:
Reply 4
Im hoping as a 12 marker the biological key issue or Money will come up, but as the biological key issue has come up before, i doubt it will this time
I had mentioned this on the other Edexcel Psychology topic, but feel relatively sure that Watson and Rayner (Little Albert) will come up in the exam; possibly as the 12 mark question, if not then I'd at least expect it as a smaller question. It has never been on any of the exams before, so I think its presence is quite overdue :P I'll be surprised if it doesn't come up.

Although, here are my other predictions for the exam:

Defence Mechanisms
Key Issue (Learning Approach)
Case Studies
Psychodynamic Practical
Twin & Adoption Studies
Social Learning Theory
Psychodynamic explanation of gender development (if comparison, then I assume the Biological Approach)

Of course, these are just assumptions - still going to revise everything thoroughly for the exam aha.
Reply 6
Has anyone got a model essay for Freud's case study of Little Hans? Or an essay structure for it? I have no idea how to structure mine if a describe and evaluate question comes up x

Lily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Rubik-Cube
Does anyone have tips for practical question, in particular he psychodynamic one.

What was your practical?

Lily

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher thinks the 12 marker will be the psychodynamic practical describe and evaluate. Also biological approach for gender may be there as well as little albert
How did everyone think the exam went? I quite liked it to be honest
Original post by confettiparade
How did everyone think the exam went? I quite liked it to be honest

I thought it was alright actually.. It could've been much worse.

The question about Tim learning how to wash dishes was kinda random but hey ho I nailed that question

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it went extremely well. The essay was random though. I managed to get down 9 detailed evaluation points so hopefully I've done well. :smile:
Hi Lily! How weird that we're both on here!
Original post by Fran bell
Hi Lily! How weird that we're both on here!

HAHA Hey Fran

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Went ok

Quick Reply

Latest