rsmith96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm doing W.H.Auden, Rossetti, The Great Gatsby and The Kite Runner. anyone have any predictions for any of these and the questions for Section B?
willyam_84
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rsmith96)
I'm doing W.H.Auden, Rossetti, The Great Gatsby and The Kite Runner. anyone have any predictions for any of these and the questions for Section B?
Relationships hasnt come up for a while... Also Chapter 6 for Gatsby, lemme know if you hear anything... Im doing the same as you but Enduring Love instead of Kite runner
ashley2197
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think women is a big possibility has anyone got any advice on the best ways to revise, I feel they can practically ask you about anything on section.B :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
sarcastic-sal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ashley2197)
I think women is a big possibility has anyone got any advice on the best ways to revise, I feel they can practically ask you about anything on section.B :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Section B is always a very open question as there are over 800 combinations possible with the 18 texts so they have to make the questions as open ended as possible. I personally feel that section B is the easiest as you're not restricted by the daft AOs like section A, so you can essentially write mini essays without worrying if you've put interpretation etc in the wrong place
willyam_84
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sarcastic-sal)
Section B is always a very open question as there are over 800 combinations possible with the 18 texts so they have to make the questions as open ended as possible. I personally feel that section B is the easiest as you're not restricted by the daft AOs like section A, so you can essentially write mini essays without worrying if you've put interpretation etc in the wrong place
I agree, I like section B it gives you oppertunity to be creative whereas Section A is just irritating... Like with Auden, some of the poems like September 1939 are ridicluously hard to write about without AO4 or 3 as its about his views on aspects of society and government... Auden seems wasted in this exam, theres so much AO3 in some of his poems and the chance of getting to use it is annoyingly small
willyam_84
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone have good notes the could send me more Musee des Beaux Arts? Struggling to find good ones... This websites good far analysis as well for anyone struggling http://www.askwillonline.com/
sarcastic-sal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by willyam_84)
I agree, I like section B it gives you oppertunity to be creative whereas Section A is just irritating... Like with Auden, some of the poems like September 1939 are ridicluously hard to write about without AO4 or 3 as its about his views on aspects of society and government... Auden seems wasted in this exam, theres so much AO3 in some of his poems and the chance of getting to use it is annoyingly small
I agree, I like Section B as it's the only part of the exam where you get marks for writing a good essay rather than being able to jump through AQA's assessment objective hoops. How you are supposed to write a decent argument without AO2 is beyond me.
willyam_84
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sarcastic-sal)
I agree, I like Section B as it's the only part of the exam where you get marks for writing a good essay rather than being able to jump through AQA's assessment objective hoops. How you are supposed to write a decent argument without AO2 is beyond me.
Are you doing Auden or Rosetti? Struggling with Musee Des Beaux Arts (Auden) and Jessie Cameron (Rosetti)
sarcastic-sal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you doing Auden or Rosetti? Struggling with Musee Des Beaux Arts (Auden) and Jessie Cameron (Rosetti)
I'm not doing Auden but I am doing Rossetti. What exactly are you struggling with for Jessie Cameron? Like the 'how is the story told' question or interpretations? I think there's a very high chance of either Jessie Cameron or In The Round Tower coming up for section A.
RosieB9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For poetry:

Relationships
POV
Flashbacks
Structure
Symbolism
Key Events
Contrasts

All haven't been and thus are likely to come up!

Also for Gatsby, Chapter 6 hasn't been but they normally don't do that chapter, so chapters that have only been once are Chapter 1, 3, 4 , 5 and 9 so are all likely to come up!

Hope that helps some people
willyam_84
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RosieB9)
For poetry:

Relationships
POV
Flashbacks
Structure
Symbolism
Key Events
Contrasts

All haven't been and thus are likely to come up!

Also for Gatsby, Chapter 6 hasn't been but they normally don't do that chapter, so chapters that have only been once are Chapter 1, 3, 4 , 5 and 9 so are all likely to come up!

Hope that helps some people

Why don't they ask 6? Its not like its insignificant
GabzLife
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing War Poetry
RosieB9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why don't they ask 6? Its not like its insignificant
I think its due to the fact that chapter 6 is very difficult to write about and get high marks on because of the large amount that happens.
I don't know, don't shoot the messenger haha
Just revise every chapter well- they can ask anything
McAvoy97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone have a prediction on what the Auden poem will be for Section A? I'm hoping it's not 1st Spetember..
ashley2197
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What a nice exam !

Posted from TSR Mobile
sarcastic-sal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ashley2197)
What a nice exam !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you see the Frost argue question? :eek: I so wanted to do Frost too
ashley2197
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I did browning what did you answer for section B ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OhhNo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will I do badly for this?:
For the section A part b (does Gatsby 'affirm the virtues of leading a moral and decent life'?'
I wrote about nick's morality but how he isn't actually very moral and he just gets away without being criticised for bearing witness to two affairs
tom and Daisy's immorality and how they retreat back into their money's nd aren't punished

and how Gatsby is a criminal but ends up rich, while Wilson is moral but stays poor

Then in my conclusion I mentioned wilson again even though I only wrote like a sentence on him mixed in the Gatsby paragraph, and I concluded basically that no it doesn't because the immoral people get away with it

Are these valid points? Will I lose marks for only briefly mentioning wilson?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
62.39%
No (41)
37.61%

Watched Threads