How do I revise for the 3 english exams i'm sitting?

Watch
cnstudy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm sitting 3 english exams
AQA English literature - of mice and men, and inspector calls
AQA English literature - conflict poems
and AQA english language
I haven't been taught how to answer the english literature exam papers so how do i revise for these exams?
Ben4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cnstudy)
and AQA english language
I haven't been taught how to answer the english literature exam papers so how do i revise for these exams?
Omg someone thats actually doing the conflict cluster! High five i have no idea how to revise and think i will struggle for the lit exams...

Posted from TSR Mobile
cnstudy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Ben4)
Omg someone thats actually doing the conflict cluster! High five i have no idea how to revise and think i will struggle for the lit exams...

Posted from TSR Mobile
We seem to be one of the few doing conflict!
I think I will too as I really don't know what i'm writing or revising!:confused:
EnglishLit&I.T
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Guys chill!
My brother was exaclty like that at the same position were in last year ago (a bit funny thing tht he didn't revise till the last week) and he had an account here and he found out the way to revise for english Lit (well of mice and men and inspector calls+Unseen conflict poetry to be in specific). Is just doing other exams learn of your mistakes write mock exams here and let other people mark it (and tell them to do it harshly no point telling them to give you an A*, meaning ya won't learn) he kept on doing that watching good revision videos in the night to get all the help he can get and got an A.

Don't assume you'll fail
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cnstudy)
and AQA english language
Make sure you know the texts well and have studied each character, theme etc (the questions will be based around those) Make sure you can pick out quotes for them too. Also, learn about what happened historically/socially around that time, so e.g for OMAM = Great Depression, Migrant workers, women had no rights etc And learn about the author too.

For poems, make sure you've analysed in depth and can pick out literary techniques, say what they mean, the effect of it and the effect on the reader. I've heard that the poems in clusters are comparison questions? (Check past papers, the website) If so, then practise that, any poem could come up and you'd have to compare to a poem of your choice I think

Hope that helped you both

(Original post by Ben4)

Posted from TSR Mobile
danie98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey same boat as you two OMAM and an inspector calls AND conflict
tabmax22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is only one tip I can give. Watch Mr Bruff videos.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.24%
Virtual campus tours/open days (131)
24.3%
Live streaming events (47)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.65%
A uni comparison tool (124)
23.01%
An in-person event when available (119)
22.08%