WJEC GEOGRAPHY 13th May 2014 Unit 1 (A) how did you do? Watch

Revisionurgh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I sat my exam yesterday, I'm in year 10 at the moment..
how does everyone think they have done? and the answers if anyone knows correctly?
lecalboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I thought it was easy at most parts. The development qwc was a question for free marks FOR SURE. The living in an active zone, water and population qwcs required thought for me... Other than that, the vast majority were comfortable to answer. That distribution of Indian tourists was weird... I put it was scattered, and the most concentration for Indian tourists were in the south-west of Asia :P

For the water section, did you put down meanders and a flood plain for the photo landform question thingy? My friend put down interlocking spurs, and I swear there were none of those shown...

How do you think you did?

The grade boundaries are probably going to be higher, for sure. It was easier than last year's. I'm predicting at least a B for me :P
Revisionurgh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I thought it was easier than expected.. graphs were hard to read, and I've messed up some questions.. I'm hoping for a A but a bit panicky now due to everyone doing 'well' grade boundaries will go up!
I put down Meanders and oxbow lakes. Haha, did you say the river flew 'south east'?

I found the last question of the map to draw hard, as I didn't check over the map! I wrote some correct information so I'm sure I'll get some credits about Ghana..
I forgot to check over meanders and could only label a couple of points, so lost marks on that.. the graphs were giving me decimal places so I kinda guessed :/ the case studies were pretty simple.. for Neatherlands I didn't do a LEDC and MEDC I just talked about the UK and not Sudan! damm, haha.. I think it's because I was trying to focus on the time.

For India I said they were located in MEDCs (no idea)

Good luck with your results hope you do well!
lecalboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Revisionurgh)
I thought it was easier than expected.. graphs were hard to read, and I've messed up some questions.. I'm hoping for a A but a bit panicky now due to everyone doing 'well' grade boundaries will go up!
I put down Meanders and oxbow lakes. Haha, did you say the river flew 'south east'?

I found the last question of the map to draw hard, as I didn't check over the map! I wrote some correct information so I'm sure I'll get some credits about Ghana..
I forgot to check over meanders and could only label a couple of points, so lost marks on that.. the graphs were giving me decimal places so I kinda guessed :/ the case studies were pretty simple.. for Neatherlands I didn't do a LEDC and MEDC I just talked about the UK and not Sudan! damm, haha.. I think it's because I was trying to focus on the time.

For India I said they were located in MEDCs (no idea)

Good luck with your results hope you do well!
yeah, the graphs were a pain just described everything i could :P but the amount of graph questions on the paper!!!!!
Yeah I put that as well. Many people i know did.
For the living in an active zone graph where we had to suggest, I put down tsunamis and secondary hazards causing the most damage????? or illness or aid not arriving that quickly. Although i didn't think it was that because there was a gradual increase of admissions :P
How do you even get these different case studies to us? Our geography teacher isn't that great, teaching the content wise. He gets almost EVERYTHING out of the text books.

That's the least of our worries concerning exams :P Mae iaith Saesneg, Cymraeg a gwyddoniaeth! (at least for me anyway. I'm dreading the welsh and the comprehension...)

Anyway, you'll be fine :P just be confident in yourself, or just believe you'll fail, but actually get an A or an A* (worked with me for English literature when I sat it in January) and good luck to you too!
Iwan Caudy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found it quite easy, I'm just hoping to get an A*, but the boundaries will be high because it was an easy paper, so I'll probably get a A.
lecalboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Guys, what were the non-qwc questions for the development section? I remember the others, but not those questions! I know i've answered them...:confused::confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed