The Student Room Group

Really not looking forward to final year.

So, I'm at uni doing a 4 year course (Year 3 is a 12 month placement). And in 1st year, I met a girl in my class who I liked but I was scared to ask her out.
Then at the end of second year I asked her if she was seeing anyone to which she said - Yeah, are you? to which I said Nope, hope this doesn't change anything and you still want to be friends? She said, Of course!

But that was a lie....

About a week or so later she said that she didn't want to give me false hope - she stopped reply to texts, blocked me on facebook. (I later found out that one of my friends told one of her friends who told her about how when I was younger I had social anxiety disorder - I don't know if that's one of the factors.

Anyway, a month after she blocked me out I seen her in town (shopping) She smiled at me and started to walk in my direction. I bared a smile and just kept walking on.

But then I seen her roughly a month after that in town - but this time she acted in the total opposite way. I couldn't tell if she was angry scared or upset. I seen her whole body shake and just stared at me. It was really awkward. I just walked away... and I haven't seen her since. (I haven't seen her in a year as we have both been on placement.)

But come September, when we both are back at uni - we're probably going to have to talk to each other.
I don't know how she is going to react - I don't know how I'm going to react. Why, should I care? Well, it's final year - and I could do without the stress and drama of this never mind the stresses of the dreaded dissertation.

Who should be the one who speaks first?
And girls, what would you do if you were the girl in this situation?
I think the best thing to do is see how is when you see her next. You hopefully will be able to work with her if ever needed to, but it doesn't need to be anything more than that.
try and take control of the situation - when you next see her, walk up to her calmly and ask her how her year off was, have a short conversation and then go talk to someone else, send a clear message you've moved on and that you should both forget the whole thing
act normally, don't confront her about anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending