The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bit late but as they say better late than never...

Name/Current Location: Phil, Canterbury
Subject: Mathematics
College: Pembroke
Offer: AAB + 1,2 in STEP II, III
Insurance: Warwick AB or something their offer is riduculously complicated
Reply 61
Late? I didn't know there was a deadline :confused:

Name/Current Location: Joe, Kingston Upon Thames
Subject: Engineering
Offer: AAAA or AAA + merit in physics AEA
Insurance: Bath
Reply 62
It'sPhil...
Bit late but as they say better late than never...

Name/Current Location: Phil, Canterbury
Offer: AAB + 1,2 in STEP II, III
Insurance: Warwick AB or something their offer is riduculously complicated

Canterbury eh? Which school do you go to in Canterbury?
I went to the one with the maroon blazers :rolleyes:.

Oh and I may as well post mine while I'm here:
Name/Current Location: Alaric, Cam at the moment
Subject: compsci
College: clare
Alaric
Canterbury eh? Which school do you go to in Canterbury?
I went to the one with the maroon blazers :rolleyes:.

Oh and I may as well post mine while I'm here:
Name/Current Location: Alaric, Cam at the moment
Subject: compsci
College: clare

I think I know the one you're talking about and yep unfortunately I do to (Only for 3.5 more weeks though!). What year did you leave?
Reply 64
Name/Current Location: Andrew, Leeds
College: Trinity
Offer: AAB + 1,1 in STEP II, III
Insurance: Warwick with the same confusing offer
Reply 65
Joey_Johns
Lucky you, we had to walk about 5-6 miles for the nearest supermarket.

Wasn't there a bus?! Some people in my year are so lazy- they drive there, which probably takes longer than it does to walk, which is about 2 minutes. It's always a bit worrying though, when going to the supermarket is more appealing than finishing the essay that's due in in half hour...need to get my priorities sorted!
Reply 66
Name/Current Location: Tom/ Surrey
Subject: Law
College: Girton
Offer: AAA
Insurance: LSE AAB
Reply 67
lawladuk
Name/Current Location: Tom/ Surrey
College: Girton
Offer: AAA
Insurance: LSE AAB

Well done for choosing Girton!
Reply 68
*Joanna*
Wasn't there a bus?! Some people in my year are so lazy- they drive there, which probably takes longer than it does to walk, which is about 2 minutes. It's always a bit worrying though, when going to the supermarket is more appealing than finishing the essay that's due in in half hour...need to get my priorities sorted!

I remember when I was taking the bus from Stansted to Cambridge I asked an old chap ( who I assumed came from there ) what the best stop to get off at for the University. He rightly replied that the University was scattered all over the town and that the best place to get off at would probably be the main depot. I asked how to get from there to Sidney Sussex and he told me that - as there were no busses in between - I'd have to get a taxi.

Get a taxi!?! It's a ten minute walk at most! You can walk from the extreme north to the extreme south of Cambridge in about two hours. Why would ANYONE need a car?
2 hours? i no this doesnt happen but if i lived on the north and had lectures at 9 on the south i wudnt reli wanna get up to leave at 7. bit irrelevant reli seeing as it doesnt work like that lol.
shiny

Indeed!! :cool:
Reply 71
Faboba
Get a taxi!?! It's a ten minute walk at most! You can walk from the extreme north to the extreme south of Cambridge in about two hours. Why would ANYONE need a car?

According to http://www.monkeymap.tk/ it's approximately 450 metres and will take 6 minutes on foot.

As for Cambridge size, I'd imagine that Girton to the station is probably 45mins to an hour on foot, but that really is an extreme.

Alaric.
Reply 72
shiny

I didn't...i was pooled from Downing. :rolleyes:
Reply 73
rockindemon
2 hours? i no this doesnt happen but if i lived on the north and had lectures at 9 on the south i wudnt reli wanna get up to leave at 7. bit irrelevant reli seeing as it doesnt work like that lol.

No, it doesn't. Although the uni is scattered, it is not generally right out on the outskirts (although there are notable exceptions). Taking a taxi from the bus station to Sidney is just ridiculous though - it'd probably take longer than walking because of all the one-way systems.
lawladuk
I didn't...i was pooled from Downing. :rolleyes:

Awh, damn!! You should have picked Girton in the first place.
Reply 75
oh rly? and why's that? im sure i'll love it
Reply 76
lawladuk
oh rly? and why's that? im sure i'll love it

Apparently it's a nice college as far a students go and the food is great. It's just so damn far from everywhere. B.y.o.Bike.
Reply 77
Alaric
According to http://www.monkeymap.tk/ it's approximately 450 metres and will take 6 minutes on foot.

As for Cambridge size, I'd imagine that Girton to the station is probably 45mins to an hour on foot, but that really is an extreme.

Alaric.

Well I didn't want to underestimate in case I was wrong. It took me about a half hour to get from Sidney to the train station in March so....
Reply 78
Name / Current Location: Tiffany / Dundee, Scotland
College: Emma
Offer: AAB from AdvH Maths, Physics, English
Insurance: Edinburgh, uncon.

Just wondering if any other Scottish dudes are panicking as much as I am with the AdvH's starting in 9 days and practically everything depending on your performance on THAT day in the exam hall. Apparently in England there are "modules" and no final exam, which sounds a bit less stressful...
Reply 79
The Duck
Name / Current Location: Tiffany / Dundee, Scotland
College: Emma
Offer: AAB from AdvH Maths, Physics, English
Insurance: Edinburgh, uncon.

Just wondering if any other Scottish dudes are panicking as much as I am with the AdvH's starting in 9 days and practically everything depending on your performance on THAT day in the exam hall. Apparently in England there are "modules" and no final exam, which sounds a bit less stressful...

My first higher (English, I assume your first is the same) is in nine days and I'm panicking, as are my friends doing AHs (although have more time). These English students with their modules don't know their living :biggrin:. Although by the sounds of it we are more lucky with prelims and things if we don't get our expected grade. Anyway, nice to see another Scottish person round these parts :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending