The Student Room Group

paediatric nursing application advice???

So I'm planning to apply for children's nursing to start September 2015.
I was wondering if anyone who has been accepted/got offers for this course has any advice in regards to applications?
I'm planning to apply to York, Nottingham, LJMU, Brookes and Bangor.
Also any older students who are starting uni got any advice? I'm going to be turning 21 when I start and I'm a little worried about it :s-smilie:
Hey! I'm doing child nursing this year and i'll be 21! Just focus really hard on your personal statement, it really has to reflect that you want to do child nursing. Have you got experience in this? Xx
the ages of students in my year range from 18-50.
I'm starting next feb and I'll be 21 as well, so don't worry about your age as I'm sure there will be a mixture.

Like someone said above, make sure your personal statement shows that you are committed to doing nursing and your reasons for this. Also highlight your experience as experience is what they look for!

Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by nkbarker176
Hey! I'm doing child nursing this year and i'll be 21! Just focus really hard on your personal statement, it really has to reflect that you want to do child nursing. Have you got experience in this? Xx

I'm getting a placement over the summer at my sisters hospital. I've got loads of experience working with kids just not necessarily in a hospital environment yet. do you think that will be enough?xx
Original post by Sophie.G19
I'm getting a placement over the summer at my sisters hospital. I've got loads of experience working with kids just not necessarily in a hospital environment yet. do you think that will be enough?xx

Yeah, that should be fine as I don't have any hospital environment experience. Only experience from working at my current job and previous nursery work/babysitting etccc :smile: x
Hey I will be starting children nursing this year and i will be 24. I think as the girls said above a good personal statement reflecting your qualities and experience's even if there not all related to working with children just explain how you can use those skills. I have health care job in residential home and did some voluntary experiences working with children, hope this helps. They are really nice at the interview they make you feel at ease. Good luck :-)
Original post by Sophie.G19
So I'm planning to apply for children's nursing to start September 2015.
I was wondering if anyone who has been accepted/got offers for this course has any advice in regards to applications?
I'm planning to apply to York, Nottingham, LJMU, Brookes and Bangor.
Also any older students who are starting uni got any advice? I'm going to be turning 21 when I start and I'm a little worried about it :s-smilie:

I'm hopefully started Manchester for children's nursing in September! My advice would be to start your personal statement early and try and get some care experience with children and just care experience in general :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
thanks for your help guys :smile: another quick question what A levels (or other quals) do you have?

Quick Reply

Latest