Edexcel AS History option E (Fascist Italy etc paper).

Watch
Amanda096
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How did people find this exam in general? I personally thought that the questions were quite unexpected). Did anyone else?
CarysMoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did this paper last year - just wondering what the questions were this year?!
bens266
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
we only had two 30 markerss??
Amanda096
Rep:
?
(Original post by D3IM2NTEII)
The paper was OK .. I did Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany.

In my opinion, Fascist Italy was OK - the question about race laws was basically asking you why they were racist. However, the 24 marker was REALLY broad - Mussolini's 'threats' could literally be anything - political threats, religious threats, the king, racial threats, economic threats etc ..

Also, Nazi Germany was quite good - the 12 marker was a bit weird but the 24 marker was relatively nice.

How did you find it?
I'm not sure that this is the same paper, because we had two 30 mark questions and chose between: the unification of Italy, the unification of Germany, Fascist Italy (also a bit on the Liberal state before), Republicanism the Civil War and Francoism in Spain,Germany Divided and Reunited 1945–91 and The Middle East 1945–2001: The State of Israel and Arab Nationalism.

I personally did Fascist Italy and Republicanism, the Civil War and Francoism in Spain.
Tremmel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Those question were pretty mean I thought, it's really annoying how revision of the whole course doesn't matter as much when the question focuses on one small aspect T_T Despite that, I think I did OK, I linked back to the question a lot, which is what them examiners love.
Amanda096
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tremmel)
Those question were pretty mean I thought, it's really annoying how revision of the whole course doesn't matter as much when the question focuses on one small aspect T_T Despite that, I think I did OK, I linked back to the question a lot, which is what them examiners love.
Was this for the two 30 mark ones? Because I feel the same, particularly for one of the Fascist Italy ones.
Tremmel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amanda096)
Was this for the two 30 mark ones? Because I feel the same, particularly for one of the Fascist Italy ones.
I know we cant discuss fully but yeah for the two 30 markers, the first Fascist Italy was the one I did, along with the first Arab Nationalism one. I thought they were both pretty narrow things to focus on.
Amanda096
Rep:
?
I know we cant discuss fully but yeah for the two 30 markers, the first Fascist Italy was the one I did, along with the first Arab Nationalism one. I thought they were both pretty narrow things to focus on.
I completely agree - I didn't do the 1st Fascist Italy one because of that! The Spain ones, too, were really narrow in what they covered. I'm wondering what the grade boundaries will be like because everyone at my school came out saying how great the paper was, which made me feel really nervous! How did people at your school find it overall?
Tremmel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I completely agree - I didn't do the 1st Fascist Italy one because of that! The Spain ones, too, were really narrow in what they covered. I'm wondering what the grade boundaries will be like because everyone at my school came out saying how great the paper was, which made me feel really nervous! How did people at your school find it overall?
They found it pretty much the same - pretty awkward, all the practice essays we did before were much more broad. I need to do well on this one as the paper with sources in will easily be my weakest. Good luck though! Hope the examiners are feeling kind
Amanda096
Rep:
?
They found it pretty much the same - pretty awkward, all the practice essays we did before were much more broad. I need to do well on this one as the paper with sources in will easily be my weakest. Good luck though! Hope the examiners are feeling kind
Hopefully the boundaries will work in our favor and apparently everyone in my school came out saying that it was great last year and failed, so I guess it's pretty hard to judge. And I've grown to like the source paper (though I hated it so much at the beginning of the year!!) But if the wrong questions come up I will not do well, as I only know some parts of the course in detail! And good luck too for it
Tremmel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hopefully the boundaries will work in our favor and apparently everyone in my school came out saying that it was great last year and failed, so I guess it's pretty hard to judge. And I've grown to like the source paper (though I hated it so much at the beginning of the year!!) But if the wrong questions come up I will not do well, as I only know some parts of the course in detail! And good luck too for it
Are you doing British Warfare from the Crimean War to WWI?
Amanda096
Rep:
?
Are you doing British Warfare from the Crimean War to WWI?
Yes I am - but I don't know enough about WW1 at the moment! Are you?
Tremmel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes I am - but I don't know enough about WW1 at the moment! Are you?
Yeah doing the same and feeling the same... not looking forward to this history exam and then my end history grade tbh.
username1420634
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys I did Fascost Italy and unification- thought the questions were ok, choose the second question for Unification and first for fascisim due to the small year gap- mainly focused on consequences of WW1
Amanda096
Rep:
?
Yeah doing the same and feeling the same... not looking forward to this history exam and then my end history grade tbh.
Neither am I tbh! But I don't think that the Crimean war will come up for the b question (as it did last year) so that's a bit less to revise at least.
Amanda096
Rep:
?
(Original post by leahtg)
Hey guys I did Fascost Italy and unification- thought the questions were ok, choose the second question for Unification and first for fascisim due to the small year gap- mainly focused on consequences of WW1
Heyy, I think basically everybody at my school did the first fascist Italy one, except from me aha! But it was quite a good question; I just wasn't a fan of the small time gap. What topics are you doing for the sources paper?
Tremmel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Neither am I tbh! But I don't think that the Crimean war will come up for the b question (as it did last year) so that's a bit less to revise at least.
Well that's great cause it's the only thing I've actually done for revision so far. Remember though it could be a thematic question over the whole period e.g nursing changes.
Amanda096
Rep:
?
Ohh yeah that's a good point! I hope nursing doesn't come up though; I know basically nothing on that. I think that I'll probably revise the key dates and people for the Crimean war so that my provenance for the a question is good, so it's probably a good thing that you've revised the Crimean War.
Tremmel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah a general overview is always a good idea. Next week is killer for me... 5 exams over 4 days and hardly enough revision done.
username1420634
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heyy, I think basically everybody at my school did the first fascist Italy one, except from me aha! But it was quite a good question; I just wasn't a fan of the small time gap. What topics are you doing for the sources paper?
Conflict, crimea, boer and ww1 :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (113)
13.85%
I'm not sure (36)
4.41%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (249)
30.51%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (398)
48.77%

Watched Threads