The Student Room Group

Did anyone do WJEC HY1 today?

I know most people do AQA... but my teacher decided to switch exam boards from AQA to WJEC and then abandon us! :angry:
I did British foreign policy - 1902 - 1939 and Social and Economic - Wales and England - 1880 - 1929.
Just wondering what anyone thought about the curve ball of a question "Explain why Britain and Germany had tension before WW1* I can't recall the exact wording of the question, sorry!
I liked it! I already had an essay prepared for why their relationship got worse but I did include some wrong information where I might lose some marks:/
Reply 2
I did the same and i found the 2(a) question quite a big curveball for me (and my whole class). I left it to last and ended up not writing enough because of time issues but i wrote enough to at least gain half marks ( or i hope :tongue:). It was really unexpected since my teacher gave us a sheet and said that these were the only questions which would come up.

I found the rest of the questions quite standard, especially since i was looking over the general strike 5mins before i entered the exam :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Maxmeisterrr
I liked it! I already had an essay prepared for why their relationship got worse but I did include some wrong information where I might lose some marks:/

I didn't plan anything for it! I was so certain it would be Anglo - Russian Entente for 24 marks :frown: Damn you WJEC...
Reply 4
Original post by B7563
I did the same and i found the 2(a) question quite a big curveball for me (and my whole class). I left it to last and ended up not writing enough because of time issues but i wrote enough to at least gain half marks ( or i hope :tongue:). It was really unexpected since my teacher gave us a sheet and said that these were the only questions which would come up.

I found the rest of the questions quite standard, especially since i was looking over the general strike 5mins before i entered the exam :biggrin:

Yeah my whole class and teacher were pretty shocked. And I left it till last also! The exam is so bad for timing in my opinion :mad: I was ready for the General Strike question, but before I went into the exam I managed to convince myself I wouldn't come up, so it was nice to see it haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending