Mustgetintoib
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Which course is the worst course to study at LSE and has the worst graduate prospects?
marcus2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sociology, social policy, anthropology, slightly above is management
Mustgetintoib
Rep:
?
(Original post by marcus2001)
Sociology, social policy, anthropology, slightly above is management
Is management not a good course? Its admittance ratio is like 1:11
Galileo Galilei
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mustgetintoib)
Is management not a good course? Its admittance ratio is like 1:11
That's not that high for LSE
Mustgetintoib
Rep:
?
(Original post by Galileo Galilei)
That's not that high for LSE
So you think Management isn't considered a good course by LSE standard?
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So you think Management isn't considered a good course by LSE standard?
I don't understand what you mean by LSE standard but the only LSE courses I respect are Economics, Maths and Econ, Law, Acturial Science and Accounting and Finance to a lesser degree anything else is sub par.
Mustgetintoib
Rep:
?
I don't understand what you mean by LSE standard but the only LSE courses I respect are Economics, Maths and Econ, Law, Acturial Science and Accounting and Finance to a lesser degree anything else is sub par.
Where do you study out of interest?
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not at uni yet but my brother is graduating from UCL this year
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How about you?
Mustgetintoib
Rep:
?
How about you?
I'm actually at LSE in my first year, hence the question haha
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm actually at LSE in my first year, hence the question haha
Haha, what do you study?
Mustgetintoib
Rep:
?
Haha, what do you study?
BMS. Oh and by the way I love Melo too haha
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
BMS. Oh and by the way I love Melo too haha
Good luck man. Hope you get into a FO position after LSE .
Protagoras
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is a really ignorant view on a world class institution.

All of the subjects are useful to understand for life in general. There is no better course only course more popular and hence more difficult to get into doesn't make it any better.

One of the things I'm guessing they are looking for is someone who can utilise the knowledge they can learn from an opportunity to study from the best academics to make a change in the world.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In many instances the courses here being identified as the "worst courses to study at the LSE" are courses that cannot be bettered anywhere else: social policy, sociology. If you're going to study one these, the LSE is where you should want to be doing it. By contrast, subjects being claimed as the best are typically ones which can be matched by other insitutions (Law at several, Economics at one or two). So I sneak toward the suspicion that some people aren't contextualizing the question and instead seeing it as "of the courses on the LSE menu, which of these subjects do you like least?"

I dunno, mind, since I don't have a sibling graduating from UCL this year.
ultra-musketeer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which course is the worst course to study at LSE and has the worst graduate prospects?
According to CUG, Sociology has the worst employment prospects for undergrads.

As for the worst course to study at LSE, I can't see how that can be decided other than subjectively.
jco19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ignorant. Almost all courses at the LSE are world class and recognised as such by educated people. It's especially strong in IR and social policy. Since you've never sat in an LSE classroom, you're really not in a position to determine which courses are sub par.
Galileo Galilei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jco19)
Ignorant. Almost all courses at the LSE are world class and recognised as such by educated people. It's especially strong in IR and social policy. Since you've never sat in an LSE classroom, you're really not in a position to determine which courses are sub par.
I have visited LSE before. I apologise for offending you. It was my subjective opinion, not fact. I personally have little respect for IR and social policy.
Caecilius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have visited LSE before. I apologise for offending you. It was my subjective opinion, not fact. I personally have little respect for IR and social policy.
Lmao, "it was my subjective opinion, not fact" - of course it was. So what? He thinks your opinion is ignorant.

Also, pretty jokes that a pre-uni teen is able to casually dismiss the fields of IR and Social Policy.
CEKTOP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LSE's IR course is the best one outside North America (firmly in the top 5). Undergrad Econs has **** GTAs (I hear people complaining about this all the time).

PS oh I've just realised that you're an A-level kid. Come back in a couple of years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.43%
Disagree (3)
8.57%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
28.57%
Agree (10)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads