The Student Room Group

Stop underarms smelling during summer

I am a 17 year old guy and my armpits can smell really bad on days it is really hot. I shower everyday, i use roll on and i also use barcarbonate of soda everyday in my underarms and the smell is still there.:frown: what should i do to get rid of the smell for good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try a product called Driclor. You apply it during the evening right before bedtime, and it will stop you sweating pretty much completely. You need to apply it every other night at first, and then you can gradually phase it out until you're just topping up once a month or so. That worked for me. My issue wasn't with smelly armpits, but just the fact that I would sweat a lot for no reason and sometimes ended up with visible sweat patches. Presumably your pits are smelling because of the volume of sweat.

With driclor, make sure that your arm pits are totally dry before you apply it. Then make sure the driclor dries completely before you actually go to bed, otherwise it will be so painful that you'll have to wash it all off again. Trust me, it can be quite nasty if you don't use it carefully. I use a bit of paper to fan under my arms a couple of times to make sure that it's totally dry. You might find that your underarms are a bit sore and tender for a day or so after the first application; I think it's normal, I was the same. It cleared up very quickly though.

Then just continue to use your normal deodorant as normal. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest