The Student Room Group

english LitB Gothic paper AQAS A2 helpppp!!

Hey everyone,

I'm literally brand new to this site haha, and have joined because I've been reading some of the forum's and they're extremely helpful! I wanted to post my own thread to talk about the Gothic Paper AQA as I'm struggling to exactly pinpoint where to start with some intensive revision!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips, adivce on essay writing, and what the examiner's look for! Also, If anyone has any practice paper's to share to have a read through as my english department at my school is particularly poor.:frown:

I got an A last year in aspect's of narrative paper and expect another A or A* this year. If anyone would like to share paper practice I am happy to share too!

My texts are Macbeth, Doctor Faustus and Frankenstein. If anyone's studying these texts, what are your predictions for any section A or B questions in June?

Hope all are well! :biggrin:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by northwest14
Hey everyone,

I'm literally brand new to this site haha, and have joined because I've been reading some of the forum's and they're extremely helpful! I wanted to post my own thread to talk about the Gothic Paper AQA as I'm struggling to exactly pinpoint where to start with some intensive revision!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips, adivce on essay writing, and what the examiner's look for! Also, If anyone has any practice paper's to share to have a read through as my english department at my school is particularly poor.:frown:

I got an A last year in aspect's of narrative paper and expect another A or A* this year. If anyone would like to share paper practice I am happy to share too!

My texts are Macbeth, Doctor Faustus and Frankenstein. If anyone's studying these texts, what are your predictions for any section A or B questions in June?

Hey, I'm doing Dr Faustus too, as well as The Bloody Chamber and Wuthering Heights :smile: and here's the link for all the past papers! http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/a-level/english-literature-b-2745/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

This year I'm finding that AO1 and your line of argument is the most important thing because the questions are so specific. My teachers are telling me I'll lose marks if I keep going off topic into something not entirely relevant to the question. :colondollar:

As for the exam, I'm hoping to do either Faustus or Bloody Chamber for Section A, I'd love a question on imagery or violence, and I hope a question on Gothic interpretations of gender comes up for Section B!
Reply 3
Original post by AmyGillions1
Hey, I'm doing Dr Faustus too, as well as The Bloody Chamber and Wuthering Heights :smile: and here's the link for all the past papers! http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/a-level/english-literature-b-2745/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

This year I'm finding that AO1 and your line of argument is the most important thing because the questions are so specific. My teachers are telling me I'll lose marks if I keep going off topic into something not entirely relevant to the question. :colondollar:

As for the exam, I'm hoping to do either Faustus or Bloody Chamber for Section A, I'd love a question on imagery or violence, and I hope a question on Gothic interpretations of gender comes up for Section B!

Hey, I'm studying Macbeth, Wuthering Heights and Frankenstein. You're right about the whole going off topic thing, it's easy to try and incorporate AO4 which is to do with consideration of contextual factors but thats where we need to be careful of going off topic too
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by northwest14
Hey everyone,

Hi, I'm studying the exact same texts as you and don't really know how to revise for it! How are you memorising key quotes, etc?

Oh and my teacher is predicting a question on the witches for Macbeth but that is the one I am least likely to answer in section A!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending